CT vs holster?

This is a discussion on CT vs holster? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I'm still waiting for my CCW permit. Sent in on Dec. 16, using the electonic finger prints. While waiting, I'm "carrying" at home and ...

Thread: CT vs holster?

CT vs holster?

Well, I'm still waiting for my CCW permit. Sent in on Dec. 16, using the electonic finger prints.

While waiting, I'm "carrying" at home and have found that my fears of carrying @ 4 o'clock would aggrivate my sciatica are unfounded. Still using the Blackhawk carbon fiber holster with the paddle attachment, as I like the idea of being able to get it on and off without threading it on a belt.

I have used the belt attachment a couple of times, though. It does seem to keep the G 23 a bit tighter to the body and is a little more comfortable.

My original Fobus paddle will see "service," attached to the bed frame so I won't have to dig about in the nightstand drawer.

For days when the sciatica does kick in, I'll try the shoulder rig that Blackhawk will be selling that uses the holster I already have. I like the SERPA retention so much, I can see buying two more. That way, I won't have to change the attachments to wear it as a paddle, belt, or with the shoulder rig.

I know many advised me to go with a leather holster, but this Blackhawk model really works well for me, so I'll stick with it.

My current concern is that I finally decided to add a laser to the G23, due to problems with my glasses. I shoot well at 7 yards, but beyond that, I have real problems getting a sight picture with my Transition lenses. Seems I was just near-sighted, then I became far-sighted and when I add them up, I come out "Stevie Wonder-sighted!

I can't quite tell from the pics on the CT web site, but it looks like the CT grips should just clear the top, outside corner of the holster. If not, does anyone know if that corner could be "heat formed" just a bit to allow the grips to fit? If it is a problem, it looks like any adjustment to the holster would be fairly small.

My local gun shop said they wouldn't be able to get the CT laser for the G23 until later on in Jan., possibly even mid-Feb. I found an Internet supplier who listed them as being "in-stock," and gave them a call. They guy says he's already shipped most of his first delivery and just received his second! ($259 /w free shipping!)

Hope he wasn't feeding me a line. . .

Sorry it took so long to get to the actual point of my post! (About possible probs with the CT grips and the holster.) I do tend to get kind of "wordy."

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

2. Remove Ads

florida permit

my florida permit took about two months to process.

Lead Moderator
    Not sure. The kydex can be formed with heat, but not sure if the SERPA is close to the same material. Also , how about a little dremel trimming?

WOW!!!

Right after I posted the above, I got an emailed "Order Shipped" notice from Nightvisionsales.com .

All I read about the CT for the G23 on various forms was that it wasn't available and might not be for a while. That almost made me go with another laser, as I'm NOT known for my patience.

Now if only the State of FL was as fast as Nightvision. . . I'd be set!

mm

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    personaly i would invest in a call to the holster manufactorer and visit with them re retrofitting

Another "just after I posted the above," WOW!!!

Downloaded the mail again and got this from Blackhawk.com:

"Mike,

The guys at Crimson Trace are good friends of mine and all of our carbon fiber holsters are made to work with the Crimson Trace lasers, with the exception of the old style built-into-the-gun Glock laser. Your new one will fit perfectly.

Chuck"

Got to wonder, where the heck did all this good Karma come from?!?

mm

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    I know many advised me to go with a leather holster, but this Blackhawk model really works well for me, so I'll stick with it.
    The fact that the holster works for you is the bottom line. Bet if you ask those that made the recommendations, the have a draw full of holsters it took to find "THE ONE". I figure I'm lucky, my draw only has about 5, adn I use 3!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Assistant Administrator
    All my CT's work out OK with rigs - the daily 226 just stays clear of top of rig, tho it all but touches.

Revo's versions too - no problem. I would tho if needed relieve by what would probably be only a small amount.

Good to hear you are getting yours Mike - and for future ref - I have had good service from Impact guns - from where I got all 6 of my CT's over time.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

madmike

Thats good news i cant wait to hear your review on the CT's for the glock im wonder how fat it will make them feel..

I was thinking of a set for the 17 but not sure if i would like them on a 20 it has a large grip as is

Links