Over 3 months now and still waiting in Georgia

This is a discussion on Over 3 months now and still waiting in Georgia within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, its been over 3 months now since my wife applied for her license back in August. I've called the courthouse and they told me ...

Well, its been over 3 months now since my wife applied for her license back in August. I've called the courthouse and they told me they were still waiting on the GBI for the background check. I think mine took a little over 2 months back when I got it. On a positive note, I had a great range trip today. I even ran into a guy from the office that I didn't know was into guns, and the guy he was with had his daughter with him too! I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough and responsible enough to go to the range with me. Oh well, I really hope my wife's permit get's here before Christmas so she can be armed back at home in AR.

Quote Originally Posted by j21blackjack View Post
    Well, its been over 3 months now since my wife applied for her license back in August. I've called the courthouse and they told me they were still waiting on the GBI for the background check. I think mine took a little over 2 months back when I got it. On a positive note, I had a great range trip today. I even ran into a guy from the office that I didn't know was into guns, and the guy he was with had his daughter with him too! I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough and responsible enough to go to the range with me. Oh well, I really hope my wife's permit get's here before Christmas so she can be armed back at home in AR.

Dang! I got mine from Camden County in seven days. I know it dosn't take GBI over 90 days to process it....unless there are THAT many people with GFL checks inroute.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

smn
    If the fingerprints were taken electronically with a livescan machine the NCIS check would've been back within the hour.

If you haven't been to GeorgiaCarry.org or GeorgiaPacking.org I'd highly recommend both sites. GCO doesn't mess around and they've been highly successful motivating the probate judges to license well under 60 days. Recently most counties issue the GFL in under two weeks.

Back in 2006 I got mine back within 2 days. I don't know what county you live in, that might be the problem.

S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Mine took 3 - 4 months to come in from Paulding County. If I remember right, they have to issue it after 60 days if they don't find anything that prohibits you from having one....Go up to the probate court and ask them about it if you're worried.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Links