Trip to MA....

Trip to MA....

This is a discussion on Trip to MA.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; we're going to Mass next weekend for a church retreat.I know I can't bring my handgun...but what about a coach gun in the trunk?Or a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip to MA....

Trip to MA....

we're going to Mass next weekend for a church retreat.I know I can't bring my handgun...but what about a coach gun in the trunk?Or a carbine(semi auto)?
    "Just because I'm paranoid,doesn't mean they're NOT after me...."

trip to mass

Gun Owners' Action League
    Goal is a state version of the NRA.

http://www.goal.org/PDF/nonres.pdf To save you a little time try this link and scroll down to the bottom couple of paragraphs on the FAQ's. GOAL is the best source for info.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Easy:
    Don't go. Be sure to tell your church group leader why.
    I'm sure God will understand.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

NY and Mass...you're living between a 'rock and a hard place' for CCW and weapon ownership.
    Most of the time I avoid trips where I cannot defend myself. I have driven AROUND states in that category...they don't get any of my $$.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

To keep things most simple: DO NOT BE UNLICENSED IN MA and bring firearms here, nor ammunition, on your person nor to be kept/stowed in your vehicle.

Why make your life extra difficult and tempt fate?
    All it'll take is a fender bender and boom your trunk is open and your otherwise properly stored and locked firearm becomes a talking point for the officer who winds up arresting you for not having a MA License To Carry.
    And to possess ammunition _or_ ammunition components in MA requires at a minimum a MA Firearms ID (FID).

KISS.

Don't come to MA, or don't bring arms and ammunition across this states lines unless you are properly licensed.
    There is more but again I'm trying to keep it simple.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Janq is correct.

To add to this . . . chemical sprays in MA are considered "ammunition" by MGLs, so they are likewise forbidden without a MA LTC (or FID for residents only).

You can't have guns in your car/hotel room/etc. w/o a license in MA.

Best not to go to MA!

And to add to LenS if you are going to be specifically in Boston be sure any knife you have/carry on your person is below the 2.5" blade length maximum.
    This is not a state law but city regulation specific to Boston and subsequently adopted by a couple of other small towns on the east too, along with recently Worcester.

Bottom line do not bring arms of any sort (firearms, knives, etc.) into MA unless you have appropriate level of licensing _AND_ you have done your due diligence toward state and local town where you'll be visiting law and lawfulness weeks if not months ahead of time.

This is Massachusetts.

Like the internet, MA is serious business. Do not be mistaken or such an error can cost you your freedoms.
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence - State of MA Ranking
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence - National Rankings of Which MA ties with CT for third place!

- Janq

"By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty."
    - The Massachusetts State Seal, adopted in 1775 by the MA Provincial Congress
    CIS: State Symbols
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    NY and Mass...you're living between a 'rock and a hard place' for CCW and weapon ownership.
    Most of the time I avoid trips where I cannot defend myself. I have driven AROUND states in that category...they don't get any of my $$.
    Kind of hard to do when we drive to Maine. We have no choice but to go thru New York

Now I'm totally disgusted. I'm leaving for Chatham Mass this evening for work. I was planning to leave my XD-9 at home and grab my wife's Kimber pepper blaster in an effort to be legal. Now I find out I'm still on the wrong side of some hackneyed, ******* law?
    I thought things were bad here in People's republic of New York!
    How's a person supposed to defend themselves in this circumstance?
    That chair I put against the door doesn't cut it as a preventive, and what if he's already in the room waiting?

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    You are S.O.L.------. S*** Outta Luck!

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Driving from Pa to Maine you're covered by Federal Law.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw66 View Post
    Now I'm totally disgusted. I'm leaving for Chatham Mass this evening for work. I was planning to leave my XD-9 at home and grab my wife's Kimber pepper blaster in an effort to be legal. Now I find out I'm still on the wrong side of some hackneyed, ******* law?
    I thought things were bad here in People's republic of New York!
    How's a person supposed to defend themselves in this circumstance?
    That chair I put against the door doesn't cut it as a preventive, and what if he's already in the room waiting?
    I would suggest getting good with a small blade. In a small room, I'm more dangerous with a 4" blade than I am with a sawed off shotgun. just saying.

however, I don't like going anywhere unarmed and its why I've missed the entire east and west coast in my travels. If a state doesn't honor my permit, they don't get my money in any way shape or form, plain and simple.
    They can't take your right to own a firearm. They can ask with force and you can answer any way you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw66 View Post
    ...How's a person supposed to defend themselves in this circumstance?
    You dial Superman's cell phone, hope that RoboCop shows up just in the nick of time, or plan out your visit months to a year ahead of time toward application for the requisite MA state licensing, or you improvise as per NPE conditions; http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...tml#post599377

Be safe, keep your head on a swivel, and always remember that everything is a 'weapon'.

- Janq

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    You dial Superman's cell phone, hope that RoboCop shows up just in the nick of time, or plan out your visit months to a year ahead of time toward application for the requisite MA state licensing, or you improvise as per NPE conditions; http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...tml#post599377

Be safe, keep your head on a swivel, and always remember that everything is a 'weapon'.

- Janq
    Wow...Ouch. I like it. I changed my plans. I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 4AM, getting the job done, then driving home. Should be back by 1, maybe 2AM, but I won't have to deal with their crap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links