CC Holster for a Bersa .45 UC

This is a discussion on CC Holster for a Bersa .45 UC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to this forum and I was hoping someone could lend some advice. I recently purchased a Bersa .45 UC for CC here ...

Thread: CC Holster for a Bersa .45 UC

CC Holster for a Bersa .45 UC

I am new to this forum and I was hoping someone could lend some advice. I recently purchased a Bersa .45 UC for CC here in Virginia. I am an office manager in a medical office and as a rule, I wear scrubs with a drawstring. This, at least I believe, would make an inside the pants holster difficult to deal with. Is there a good holster for inside the pants that could practically be used with scrubs or should I look instead at an ankle holster? Any advice would be great. Thanks much in advance.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum!!
    Check out smartcarry. Many here use them and are pleased with them. I would stay away from ankle carry OMO.

smartcarry.com
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

+1 on smart carry...belly band is also an option. You might want to look at Express Police Supply, they sell compression shorts (like baseball sliding shorts) with holsters built in.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

With just a 'drawstring', support for a holster is lacking...either smart carry, an ankle rig, or a belly band...perhaps a small waist pouch (small gun), I have no experience with any of them.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I don't mean any disrespect, but why do you not where regular clothes? As an office manager your job I suppose does not involve patient care, so no need for scrubs. Different story if you assist the doc with patients in some way; even if just as a chaperon.

Also, I don't know VA carry law. Be certain the medical office is not in some manner considered a hospital; as lots of places prohibit carry in hospitals.

I've never used an ankle holster, and have reservations about them, especially after reading a story in Concealed Carry Magazine about a guy who was killed while trying to retrieve from an ankle holster while being charged by a knife wielder.

Bersa .45 CC Options

I just bought one myself and got a Galco OWB Conseal Carry leather holster. Given the loaded weight of this gun I would expect pocket carry in scrubs might feel like and respond like carrying a brick in your pocket. Ankle carry might work but it may be a stretch, no pun intended!

You might try Bersatalk.com for some ideas or suggestions

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Also, I don't know VA carry law. Be certain the medical office is not in some manner considered a hospital; as lots of places prohibit carry in hospitals.
    My wife is a nurse here in VA. Although hospital policy says employees cannot carry, there is no restriction by law that prohibits it. Whenever I go there to see her I carry, since it isn't posted.

Several months ago, the night time, unarmed security person was assaulted and severely beaten in the hospital parking lot. It was all hushed up. Nothing in the news, nothing on TV and all personnel who were involved were told not to discuss it.

As to the OP question, I have to go along with retsupt99's suggestions for carry.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Smartcarry will do what you're looking to do with it handily and covertly.

An other vote for SmartCarry, wear mine through the summer months very comfortable.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Senior Moderator
    I also say SmartCarry <-- Link
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Hopyard

No disrepect taken. I should have been clearer. My wife is the doctor and I am her office manager. The required uniform is scrubs. Hope that answers your question as far as that goes. As far as VA law is concerned, since the business is ours, it is perfectly legal for us to carry firearms on our property. archer51 is correct in saying that it is the policy of the business or corporate organization that dictates if firearms are allowed on the premises. I appreciate the input from everyone. Thanks again.

Member Array Gun Loving Liveral's Avatar
    While I have never tried one, I concur with several other posters who mention a bellyband. That should fit and conceal well under a scrubs top, and if necessary get a top one size larger than you need. I wear scrubs to work but this is in a hospital so I cannot carry at work. If I don't change on the way home I carry either in a fanny pack (which might work for you too) or in a leather vest with holster pocket.
    In Oklahoma, even we liberals like guns!

Links