The poll I just voted was for CONCEALED CARRY of firearms. As a citizen with a license to carry a concealed weapon (a CCW),
1. I have NO felony convictions,
2. I have never been convicted of domestic violence
3. I have no history of mental illness or drug addiction,
4. I have passed a background check and have my fingerprints on file with the law enforcement agency of my County,
5. I have passed mandatory training in both the use of firearms and the applicable laws.
The fact that you think that just anyone will be allowed to carry a firearm, is laughable but not unexpected as most people are just ignorant of the facts.
It was found that in the Virginia Tech shootings, Cho was shooting 3~4 people a MINUTE. How many minutes did it take for the police/SWAT to get there? How many people might have been saved had a person with a concealed firearm been nearby?
Good luck to you students who choose to keep believing a sign will ward off a criminal intent on harming innocents.