Questions about NH

Questions about NH

This is a discussion on Questions about NH within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was reading one of the threads on here recently and it made me start thinking. I have an 18 year old sister who loves ...

Thread: Questions about NH

me [OP]

Questions about NH

I was reading one of the threads on here recently and it made me start thinking. I have an 18 year old sister who loves to shoot and is planing on getting her PA LTCF when she turns 21, but I am starting to see a way for her to obtain a valid reciprocal permit now.

So here is my question, I have searched their site as well as my standard research sites but can not find the answer to this and wanted to come here to see if we have any sages with the answer. What is the age requirement for NH?

_______**Add**
    Yes I know she would have to follow PA rules in PA and we are very familiar with them as the other 3 of us in the house and my uncle have PA LTCF
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

technically there isn't an age in the law from what I remember...They will issue to 18yo for sure though...not sure how they would handle a sub 18yo since there is no state law against it...but in any event, she is good to go in NH! She can also get a ME permit...I got mine there when I was 18.

me [OP]
    Cool, The way I figured it out is that she can get a Maine Non-Resident easily and then Get the NH Non-Resident since she has the Maine.

NH is valid in PA but Maine is not so Maine would be just the means to the end.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    Cool, The way I figured it out is that she can get a Maine Non-Resident easily and then Get the NH Non-Resident since she has the Maine.

NH is valid in PA but Maine is not so Maine would be just the means to the end.
    In Colorado, if she isn't 21 yo, it doesn't matter how many permits she has or from what other states, she's not legally allowed to carry here. It's likely that states which require 21 for issuance of their own permits also require 21 for reciprocity.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

In NH she can get a LTC at age 21. From 18-21 she can only have long guns.

me [OP]
    She can only own long guns but carrying could be a Mom, Dad or Uncle gun.

Also, because it was mentioned I have reviewed the laws and there is nothing in PA law to prohibit her from carrying on an out of state permit at her current age of 18. I have also read the reciprocity agreement and there is no age requirement on it.

Legally she could open carry in PA at 18 but we saw where that got the soccer mom.

Thanks for the things that make me question myself on this, they are making me better educated.

What is the training requirement for a Maine?
    Mark

-James Earl Jones

VIP Member
    If I remember right I had to send a copy of my CT permit to get the ME and NH permits. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    If I remember right I had to send a copy of my CT permit to get the ME and NH permits. Check it out.
    NH is the only one that requires another state (any state works, doesn't have to be your home state)...ME has no such requirement
    Quote Originally Posted by major99 View Post
    In NH she can get a LTC at age 21. From 18-21 she can only have long guns.
    Please cite the law that states this. There is no law that I am aware of in NH that prevents an 18yo from getting a CCW. 18yos can certainly possess handguns and can buy them from private parties...as well as OC ...uh oh I mentioned the unmentionable

wait, question to the OP...are you suggesting that she get a NH permit to carry in PA?

me [OP]
    YES, the reciprocity agreement makes no differential between NH Res and Non Res
    Mark

-James Earl Jones

This is a fairly interesting question. I think one of the biggest questions, that could only truly be answered by a lawyer / D.A. etc... is weather or not the possession laws are different than the carry laws.

From my experience, many states have them set up as two separate laws. This would mean that while they accept a concealed carry permit from a state that issues them to 18 y/o, they still won't allow it under local laws because mere possession of a handgun under 21 is against a separate law.

This might have already been covered, I just wanted to make sure that it was here though.

It's sad to see a law abiding citizen, who thinks they are ok, get into trouble anyway. It makes us all look bad in the media, and public opinion is a lot of what keeps us with out weapons.

$.015

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links