HELP CCP in New Jersey

This is a discussion on HELP CCP in New Jersey within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's your duty to the state to be robbed and murdered. As weird as that sounds that's really what they believe. Been there/done that (a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP CCP in New Jersey

It's your duty to the state to be robbed and murdered. As weird as that sounds that's really what they believe. Been there/done that (a lot). From experience I can tell you that nothing is worth living in New Jersey. And don't waste your time with Evan Nappen. I'd be shocked if he returns your call.
    New Jersey is a horrible place mostly because it's full of horrible people.
    Freedom of speech does not excuse one from freedom of thought.

2. Remove Ads

One of the many reasons I will not live in NY / NJ / IL / or CA... maybe a couple of other places. Basically, you couldn't pay me enough to live in a state where they think it's their business to tell me that I can't defend myself, then have the balls to tell me that I have no right to have the police defend me.

It always amazes me that all these states with these stupid laws are SO ignorant they actually believe they need even more laws and bans to "prevent violence". As if the 30 year bad (thankfully recently overturned) in DC hasn't proven enough to reasonable, educated, people that gun violence is not about gun control.

How many people have walked into churches in England recently with swords and started killing people? More than people thought, that's for sure.

I know, I know, I'm preaching to the choir here... but it aggravates me how dumb people can be sometimes. Especially when you hear about some Sheriffs buddy in California getting arrest while carrying drunk and bragging about how his "buddy" the Sheriff will help him out. I'm glad the movement is moving in our favor in most states. :-)

Now all we have to do is make sure our legislators know that if the feds start f'ing with our guns, bye bye jobs for them in a couple years.

That's the one think that I think is on our side with Obama being president, if he messes with the Clinton type gun crap, 4 years will be a really short stay.

Add: I say all of the legal gun owners in NJ just get up and leave. Let the criminals and the liberals have the place. Let's see if multiple robberies and rapes per day has any effect on their ideas of criminal behavior.

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by i12flytoday View Post
    One of the many reasons I will not live in NY / NJ / IL / or CA... maybe a couple of other places. Basically, you couldn't pay me enough to live in a state where they think it's their business to tell me that I can't defend myself, then have the balls to tell me that I have no right to have the police defend me.

It always amazes me that all these states with these stupid laws are SO ignorant they actually believe they need even more laws and bans to "prevent violence". As if the 30 year bad (thankfully recently overturned) in DC hasn't proven enough to reasonable, educated, people that gun violence is not about gun control.

How many people have walked into churches in England recently with swords and started killing people? More than people thought, that's for sure.

I know, I know, I'm preaching to the choir here... but it aggravates me how dumb people can be sometimes. Especially when you hear about some Sheriffs buddy in California getting arrest while carrying drunk and bragging about how his "buddy" the Sheriff will help him out. I'm glad the movement is moving in our favor in most states. :-)

Now all we have to do is make sure our legislators know that if the feds start f'ing with our guns, bye bye jobs for them in a couple years.

That's the one think that I think is on our side with Obama being president, if he messes with the Clinton type gun crap, 4 years will be a really short stay.

Add: I say all of the legal gun owners in NJ just get up and leave. Let the criminals and the liberals have the place. Let's see if multiple robberies and rapes per day has any effect on their ideas of criminal behavior.

:-)
    Well as someone who moved from NJ to NY, I can tell you it is MUCH easier to get a CCL in NY......

I lived in NJ for 30 years, and only knew ONE person who could legally carry...... and this person was a bounty hunter and former NJ state trooper.

NY is only rough inside NYC. In fact my CCL is valid for anywhere in the state except inside NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by fatcat View Post
    I lived in NJ for 30 years, and only knew ONE person who could legally carry...... and this person was a bounty hunter and former NJ state trooper.
    In other words.... he had connections, which is just about the only way to get anything you really need in NJ. It's all about what clique you're part of.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    I understand that NY LEOs that live in NJ can't even "carry" in their cars when going to work in NY. Their gun has to be locked in their trunk.
    Not true..at all.

However, the odds of a private citizen getting a CCP are somewhere between slim and none...and slim just left town.

Good luck to the OP. I wish you the best.
    Gonzo
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

This is incredible to read. I'll admit to being completely ignorant in this case, but I had no idea these were the issues NJ residents were facing. Most people up here badmouth Texas (), but nothing is ever said about the corruption in NJ. Go figure.

That is why it is "The People's Republic of New Jersey".

New Jersey's problem is not simply political. It also involves changing ways of living: urban against rural. As more and more people crowd into the cities, they lose sight of living with the land. Of course, the urban areas do have more than their share of liberals. The same thing that happened in NJ can be seen happening in other states where urban areas are growing. Austin, TX comes to mind.

The NJ group to contact with questions is: Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs For your $30 membership fee, you can speak to an attorney who works with them and is familiar with the issues and the landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGonzo View Post
    However, the odds of a private citizen getting a CCP are somewhere between slim and none...and slim just left town.
    I think I read somewhere that NJ had around 2,200 CCPs issued. Naturally I can't find the link now...
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    I think I read somewhere that NJ had around 2,200 CCPs issued. Naturally I can't find the link now...
    I second that, last time I checked was closed to 3,000. They are mostly retired LEOs, judges, politicians and few business related holder.

I have a CCP in Jersey, it's called a LEO ID. As everyone's aware, NJ is highly restrictive. Not so restrictive that NYPD and HR218 are not recognized.

Here is the NJ Law.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Semperfi. 45, i could not open that link for some reason. Also what your telling me is that i got no chance of getting a CCP unless someone shoots me and robs me today and i survive. This may sound stupid but what is a LEO? Law Enforcement officer Id (sorry iam new here lol)

Thanks for all your help guys i think i might give that attorney a shot. If you guys got anything else let me know
    Thanks guys.

Yes, LEO = Law Enforcement Officer.
    Good luck on getting your permit. Any chance of moving elsewhere?
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Good luck to you. If our elected officials had their way you would not be able to own a hand gun in NJ for the purpose of self defense, buying for target shooting would be OK. Luckily the bill did not pass.

We are trying to do something about. If you are a NJ resident, contact your legislators and encourage them to support A1282, which revises the laws governing issuance of concealed carry permits - changing them to "shall issue" status. Here's the organization behind the push...

NJCSD - Home

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links