HELP CCP in New Jersey - Page 3

HELP CCP in New Jersey

This is a discussion on HELP CCP in New Jersey within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Pizza Bob We are trying to do something about. If you are a NJ resident, contact your legislators and encourage them to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HELP CCP in New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza Bob View Post
    We are trying to do something about. If you are a NJ resident, contact your legislators and encourage them to support A1282, which revises the laws governing issuance of concealed carry permits - changing them to "shall issue" status. Here's the organization behind the push...

NJCSD - Home

Adios,

Pizza Bob
    I thought that was already voted down, maybe I'm mistaken. I just sent a note to my legislators.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    I thought that was already voted down, maybe I'm mistaken. I just sent a note to my legislators.

It has been introduced every year for the last ten. This time we are really trying to generate some grassroots support and make sure that our representatives know how we feel. Thanks for writing them.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Where in Central NJ are you?

No all my business and family is here in NJ if i could pick up my business and move it i would be i can not.

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    Where in Central NJ are you?
    Central Western, along the Delaware River just south of the New Hope (PA)/Lambertville (NJ) area.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Quote Originally Posted by stk29304 View Post
    Also what your telling me is that i got no chance of getting a CCP unless someone shoots me and robs me today and i survive.
    You would have to form your own opinion on the process. As LEO, I can say that I fully support civilian carry in NJ; without the current restrictive model that's now in place.

The only thing I would like to see is a structured training course and a twice yearly qualification. You can only carry the guns that you qualify with.

The time has come and I applaud all efforts to make civilian concealed carry happen.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrebleau View Post
    An hour after I retire, we're packing our stuff and heading to America, if it's still there.
    PA will be ready and waiting for you!

to reply to OP, i'll tell you what i tell everyone from NJ: move to PA.

seriously, i think the only thing the PRNJ will understand is the loss of revenue it'll suffer if enough people move out of the state. you hit 'em where it really hurts: the wallet. i'm a NYC transplant myself, so i can symapthize what you're going through. get ouyt of the gulag, and escape to America.

Quote Originally Posted by stk29304 View Post
    Hey guys, I just wanted your opinion on this. I have recently applied for a CCP in New Jersey. The reason I have applied for this is that I currently own a business that puts me in situations where I have over $10,000.00 in cash on almost an everyday basis. When picking up this cash I travel from location to location to collect this money before heading to my office where I count it and then bring it to the bank to make a deposit. In my travels I pass through several towns/ cities such as Newark and Camden which are known for surplus of violence. I have been doing this for a little over a month and I just do not feel safe at all. Also when the alarm sounds on my locations at night I am often there with out the police (due to a finance charge for false alarms) seeing if a robbery has occurred. I was recently told that I will most likely not receive this permit because of how strict NJ is. Do you guys think I should have one? Also do any of you guys have a NJ CCP and what where your reasons to obtain it? Also do you have any suggestions? Thank you so much for your help and input I really appreciate it.

Also I have a clean history no charges not even a parking ticket..haha
    Here is the application if you don't have it already:
    http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sp-642.pdf

You'll need a certificate of training, I was informed by the state government that an NRA Basic Pistol was acceptable.
    Since you own your own buisness, and transport cash late at night, you may actually be able to get a restricted permit(use during work only). Get together receipts of bank transactions,exc. to prove you're not BSing them.
    Alot depends on the judge. I found a case where a guy owned a glass repair buisness, repairing car windows even late at night and got a permit in one county, but when he moved to another county, he was rejected and they pretty much told him tough s@@t.
    Another case had a group of 5 bounty hunters, who applied in different counties, again 1 judge OKs and another denies. It then goes to appeals court where the judge says no to all 5 because they could just quit and then wouldn't need to carry a gun!
    NJ definitely needs a good dose of INCORPORATION about now.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Another case had a group of 5 bounty hunters, who applied in different counties, again 1 judge OKs and another denies. It then goes to appeals court where the judge says no to all 5 because they could just quit and then wouldn't need to carry a gun!
    NJ definitely needs a good dose of INCORPORATION about now.
    Can you PM me the link to that story?

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Can you PM me the link to that story?
    On the way..............
    BTW in case anyone doubted, NJ's legal system is quite the gem, even putting gunlaws aside. You can actually sue(and win) for equal welfare rights in NJ among other things.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

JRI

History Lesson

Prior to the mid 1970's it wasn't that hard to get a CCP. In the mid 1970's things started to change. People who had CCP's for years suddenly fond themselves being denied renewals. New applications weren't even being taken.

Retired LEO's were only given the privilege of obtaining a CCP in the late 1990's if they applied within 6 months of retirement. That restriction has since been repealed but, to this date, hollow points are still prohibited.

Until the passage of HR 218 the LEO from out of state who lived in NJ could only carry in NJ if he was on officiial business, not commuting to and from work.

Sorry to say but:
    Carring large sums of money won't get you a CCP.
    Being assaulted won't get you a CCP.
    Getting a lawyer won't get you a CCP.

I wish I could tell you what would but I've been out of state for several years. Good Luck.

Carrying that much cash on a daily basis is "Good Cause" w/restrictions even in California.

I'd give it a try.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links