HELP CCP in New Jersey

This is a discussion on HELP CCP in New Jersey within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I just wanted your opinion on this. I have recently applied for a CCP in New Jersey. The reason I have applied for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP CCP in New Jersey

HELP CCP in New Jersey

Hey guys, I just wanted your opinion on this. I have recently applied for a CCP in New Jersey. The reason I have applied for this is that I currently own a business that puts me in situations where I have over $10,000.00 in cash on almost an everyday basis. When picking up this cash I travel from location to location to collect this money before heading to my office where I count it and then bring it to the bank to make a deposit. In my travels I pass through several towns/ cities such as Newark and Camden which are known for surplus of violence. I have been doing this for a little over a month and I just do not feel safe at all. Also when the alarm sounds on my locations at night I am often there with out the police (due to a finance charge for false alarms) seeing if a robbery has occurred. I was recently told that I will most likely not receive this permit because of how strict NJ is. Do you guys think I should have one? Also do any of you guys have a NJ CCP and what where your reasons to obtain it? Also do you have any suggestions? Thank you so much for your help and input I really appreciate it.

Also I have a clean history no charges not even a parking ticket..haha

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by stk29304 View Post
    \ Do you guys think I should have one?
    We would not be here if we did not think you should have a permit. I am only vaguely familiar with your states ccw laws but IMO you are the ideal candidate.

If it were up to me, just living in Jersey should be reason enough to be able to carry there. I went to college in Newark and I know what goes on in Camden. All I can say is good luck.
    Keep emotionally active. Cater to your favorite neurosis.

Its a real shame you have to give them a reason other than I want to have a permit.

about 15 years ago I operated a fleet management business in Elizabethport NJ a few minutes from Newark airport. It was on the same street where they built the illegal alien detention center. I had about a million dollars worth of high-end cars in the warehouse at any time and the burglar alarm would go off about once a week. The police were reluctant to go there late at night so I would drive up to check out the burglar alarms. I could not get a carry permit no matter who I knew or what I tried. I used to show up with my 9mm and a maglight. The cops I knew told me it was ok with them and to just be sure if I shot somebody that he was inside the building and had a firearm. Bottom line: you will not get a permit in NJ, but you need to protect yourself here moreso than most places. The only guy I know with a permit owns a motorcycle dealership and started a security company just so he could qualify for a carry permit. I was told that not even judges could get a permit unless they'd been threatened or, preferably, attacked.

Wow. There has to be a ton of gun owners in Joisey. Isn't there some way for them to get together and vote in some pro 2A legislators? With that much crime in that state, I would think they would be clamoring for carry privileges.

Yeah, we'd like to, and there are a lot of gun owners in NJ, 2500 in my gun club alone. Many of us have FL & UT non-resident permits so we can responsibly carry most places but not here. But the NJ gov't is so left-wing, pervasive, and so well-entrenched, there is virtually no chance of getting rid of them. They have turned the entire state into their piggy bank and won't let go. Gov. Corzine's main squeeze was the head of the largest union in NJ, with which he had to negotiate contracts. He tried to quadruple tolls on the toll roads and sell them to give his minions more of our money to squander and line their pockets. The borderline-illegal and clearly unethical conduct of the entire state gov't has driven business out of the state for years. Taxes always go up, services and infrastructure always go down. An hour after I retire, we're packing our stuff and heading to America, if it's still there.

Also do you have any suggestions?
    Hire an attorney.

If it is really that important to you, hire an attorney.

Good luck.

I understand that NY LEOs that live in NJ can't even "carry" in their cars when going to work in NY. Their gun has to be locked in their trunk.
    Try for the permit and let us know how you make out.

It is my intuition attempting to obtain New Jersey unrestricted or even "business carry" CFL, like Maryland and Los Angeles County, is extremely difficult. Made deliberately that way. Exception may be made for an armored vehicle employee.

I know you reside in NJ, however I believe you have better luck getting a "carry business" CFL in, yes, New York City. Here's the license information at NYPD web page. Because you make enough weekly revenue, you are a qualified candidate. The best way to successfully obtain the semi-elusive NYC concealed carry license is to hire the consulting firm/attorney to vet and fill out the application form professionally without tiny errors that could be grounds for denial and require patience to wait about six months before you get the valid license.

NJ is very left-wing, hence its penchant for draconian gun control under "may issue" status so discretionary it might as well be "may issue but 99% no issue" like Hawaii.

Because I'm unable to find the information on how to apply for a NJ CCW on official NJ gov web site, I suggest calling a county clerk to ask about getting the application form in a walk-in or by mail. (NYC CFL application process require walk-in a few times)

VIP Member
    (SNIP) I was recently told that I will most likely not receive this permit because of how strict NJ is. Do you guys think I should have one?

(SNIP)
    First off....welcome to the forum.

Do we think you should have one?

Only you can answer that question accurately since I'm confident that, even absent your specific set of circumstances, we would say "I would if I were you."

And you should in my humble opinion.

As MitchellCT stated, you should consider hiring an attorney; one that specializes in 2AD issues; firearms permits and ID card issues specifically. Consider calling Evan Nappen, Esq. as well as he specializes in firearms issues: (Attorney at Law, P.C. - Eatontown, NJ) GUN NEWS

Good luck.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

I can't believe what I'm reading here. It's like the OP and I live in two completely different countries. Just today, I had my appointment with a nice lady at the local Sheriff's office. She took my prints, helped me fill out some paperwork, and I'm supposed to have my permit mailed to me within 30 days. The kicker? I live in a small, rural town, with basically no crime and nothing but friendly people.

What the [Edited] is wrong with NJ? The OP is exactly the type of person who should be allowed.. no, ENCOURAGED, to carry a concealed weapon. This is absolutely unbelievable and ridiculous. It's hard to imagine that we're talking about America here...
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; November 20th, 2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Deleted a language workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselnut View Post
    I can't believe what I'm reading here. It's like the OP and I live in two completely different countries. [...]

What the [Edited] is wrong with NJ? [...] This is absolutely unbelievable and ridiculous. It's hard to imagine that we're talking about America here...
    The fundamental difference is that bleeding blue states like Illinois (Chicago) and New Jersey (Newark) have corrupt city government officeholders and their subordinates that influence state legislature specific to the state.

Such is the rationale behind the notorious Sullivan Law in New York, engineered to weed out Italian gangster "rivals" to make way for Irish stranglehold of NYC. Tammany Hall comes to mind.

The irony is, as far as I could see, New Jersey senate is comprised of some Americans with Italian heritage. District 35 Senator John Girgenti, District 32 Senator Nicholas Sacco, District Senator 36 Paul Sarto, District 22 Senator Nicholas Scutari and a few others introduce draconian gun control laws, like this bill and that bill. Unbelievably asinine.

This is not to insinuate bias against Italian-Americans. I enjoy dining at Italian restaurants when I visit once in a while. I'm half Irish. Upstanding citizens of numerous heritages can opt to become CCW armed citizens to defend themselves, families and businesses if they so desire without unreasonable restriction and ungodly long wait time.

I wish there is a common sense among the state legislators in New York and New Jersey to respect Second and 14th Amendments. The only solution is to vote out the anti-2A assemblypeople and vote for pro-2A candidates but even this is difficult because "liberal" urban politics generally rule the state (and sometimes at federal level) legislature.

The only people to blame are the firearm owners in Jersey. Everyone of them is complaining yet very few people are willing to voice out their frustration or better yet, DO SOMETHING about it. I hate to say it...but bunch of sheeps in Jersey.

Unless you have proof of being a victim of crimes...should I say, near death experience, it will be extremely difficult to get one just on the base of "carrying lots cash" in Jersey. Hey maybe it has changed....

Just my 2 cents.....

Good Luck.

HR218

Current and retired LEOs can carry with the HR218, but, no hollow points!

Can a license be procured IE PI or Security Company (Of one?)

Just walking into the bedroom, got to verify my Glock 19 with 16 127g HPs!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links