Defensive Carry banner

Revoked CC licence

9K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  nn 
#1 ·
Some one asked me about this I was kinda curious too.

If you got your license to carry revoked. Can you get it back? Can it stop you from getting another license to carry in another state?

#4 ·
If there was sufficient and legal reason to revoke it, I'd hope the answer is NO to getting it back, and YES to prevent obtaining one from another state. We've fought very hard to obtain CCW privileges, and I don't want to see some bonehead ruin it for the rest of us.

#5 ·
Something tells me if your state has revoked your cc license and you try an end run by getting another states non resident they will view it just like having a drivers license revoked and you will probable be charged with illegally carrying concealed weapon

#9 ·
If you got your license to carry revoked. Can you get it back?
Depends State to State, and what you did to get revoked, but yes. Example, the Washington State permit will be revoked for 3 years if you are guilty of some misdemeanor firearm violations (non-student carrying to a school...), after 3 years you can reapply.

Can it stop you from getting another license to carry in another state?
Yes, many applications ask if your license has been revoked by another State.

#11 ·
GC 411.186 REVOCATION (a) (tells reasons why it was revoked) para (c) says you may reapply as a new applicant for the issuance of a license after the second anniversary of the date of the revocation if the cause for revocation does not exist on the date of the second anniversary after the date of revocation, the license holder may not apply for a new license until the cause for revocartion no longer exists and has not existed for a period of two years. Good luck MIKEY. :yup: johnsr

#12 ·
Once again this will vary from state to state, depending on why it was revoked. In almost every state, to the best of my knowledge, a felony conviction will end your ability to not only carry, but to own a weapon as well. Misdemeanor convictions will cause the lose of your license also, but may allow you to reapply for it after a specific time period.

#14 ·
Tennessee says you can't have a permit if you are subject to an order of protection. Somebody on here, I believe, became subject to one and the state required him to surrender his card. He ended up getting it back after jumping through some hoops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.