Why I think this Forum is the best.

This is a discussion on Why I think this Forum is the best. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After reading thru several "what if" threads on this Forum, I went to another gun board, searching for a little more "input." They do have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I think this Forum is the best.

After reading thru several "what if" threads on this Forum, I went to another gun board, searching for a little more "input."

They do have a thread about the problem of possibly treating your attacker, after having sucessfully stopped the attack.

While I'd not normally characterize someone's opinion that differed from mine as being "idiotic," I read a number of post there that certainly do fall into that category!

On the rare occasion that such a post appears in this Fourm, it is usually smacked down HARD by post that follow.

I'd hate to see the Brady Bunch get their hands on too many of the threads on that Forum. Too bad, too, as there are many good people posting there.

But there's enough of the other type to make me think strongly about dropping off that one.

I'm VERY glad I found this place!

mm
    Last edited by Betty; January 8th, 2006 at 10:31 PM.
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

1952 - 2006
    Well, we all think that this is the best forum on the net. It's the reason that this is the only forum I belong too and participate in.

Glad you found us.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    This is a fine forum , the what if threads here are for the most part loosely grounded in reality, and comments are normaly actualy thought out by members. Not too many cybercommandos make it long here from what i have seen and i like it that way lol

Lead Moderator
    yep, down to earth, realistic folks here keep me coming back.

Assistant Administrator
    I applaud the generally very common sense approach we manage to have and maintain - and for most part would not feel too uncomfortable at being observed by anti types. I think we do set a very fair example compared to many and would wish that to continue. Bumper has spawned a very exceptional board here IMO.

It is a pity tho that sometimes on gun boards, the (young mostly I suspect) do get into ''macho'' mode and can say little except ''cap his a$$'' to situations!! Does not exactly help us a whole lot!

I most of all want to vigorously promulgate the good sides of CCW - in particular the responsibility aspect and make quite sure that we are seen as top notch responsible citizens, who are both aware of the bad in this world and at the same time wishing to practice the innate right we have for a means of self defence.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

That's why I've almost abandoned GT (unless I'm feeling real masochistic and ornery).

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry

It is a pity tho that sometimes on gun boards, the (young mostly I suspect) do get into ''macho'' mode and can say little except ''cap his a$$'' to situations!! Does not exactly help us a whole lot!
    but when we take that same "cap his rear" youth and show him the light, I think a tremendous good has been done. I say bring them here so that we may mold them in our image.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    oO( ill leave the molding to the more patent , its all i can do to resist replying to them LOL )

DC Founder
    Thanks, Madmike, and really, all of you. At one time I belonged to probably ten different forums and visited them regularly. One of them (I won't mention their name) was really the thing that made me start this forum. It was absolutely full of the mall ninjas that, quite frankly, don't present gun owners in a good light. There was good information on those websites but you had to wade through the BS to find it. But there wasn't much focused (and useful) CCW information. So, I started CombatCarry. Focus only on CCW information (which I credit Betty for pulling me back to when I deviated) and a drastic reduction of BS. I truly appreciate the participation of all of our members, but don't have much tolerance for those that make us look like some of the other forums. Inviting them to go elsewhere seems to work. We're pretty tight nit here, but at the same time everyone is welcome until they become otherwise.

Thanks go to all of you for making the forum what it is!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

I do still visit other gun forums, but this has become my "home". For me, it's the maturity level. Since I've been coming here, I've only seen one thread locked, that I can recall. That's due to the hard work of the membership and mods in keeping this place civil.
    The advice offered here is unfailingly sound.
    And of course, there's the fine selection of smilies.
    :smilie_scorpion: :RockOn - not mine:
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

It's too late now, but I do see that there was no need to mention the other board by name. As I did say, there are some good people posting good advice on that forum.

Yes Sir, Bumper, you did a good job with this one.

Long may she wave!

mm

trying to be good here

Administrator

Truthfully

I Know I'm Just Here For The Vast Assortment Of Smilies.

:1biggrinyoyoA: :1biggrinyoyoA:

Lead Moderator
    People keep mentioning the "maturity" of thought on our board, well, look at the maturity of our moderators!!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Uh, no comment!

mm

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links