Crimson Trace for my G23 got here!

This is a discussion on Crimson Trace for my G23 got here! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ArmyCop, Were I you, I"d email the folks at CT about that. I know that some models require a shim they also make, for some ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crimson Trace for my G23 got here!

ArmyCop,

Were I you, I"d email the folks at CT about that. I know that some models require a shim they also make, for some variants, it just may be they do have one that would work for you. The frame on yours may well be close enough to another one that they do make them for.

Talk to them. Couldn't hurt, and the last thing they'd want to do would be to sell you one and not have it work.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    ArmyCop,

Were I you, I"d email the folks at CT about that. I know that some models require a shim they also make, for some variants, it just may be they do have one that would work for you. The frame on yours may well be close enough to another one that they do make them for.

Talk to them. Couldn't hurt, and the last thing they'd want to do would be to sell you one and not have it work.

mm
    MadMike: Thanks for that suggestion. I emailed them a while back and they replyed they didn't have any and didn't have any plans to make for the CS45 anytime soon. I'd think they would have told me if they had a model we could make work wouldn't you? I wonder now after your post if I should re-email them about the possibility of making a diff set fit mine. Something I'll think about.
    Thanks again for your post.
    For God, Family and Country!

Mike.......Let us know how the gun shoots, as i'd love to hear about it. I then can suggest the grips to the Glock shooters who frequent the store................if they don't work out ........that's a huge plus as well........good info either way
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Got too tuckered out to post here yesterday. Enough good stuff happening that it makes me down-right suspicious!

Took the G23 to the range and got to play with the CT laser.

It was GREAT!

I probably wasted quite a bit of ammo just "playing" with the thing. Next trip, I'll "get down to business" and report something maybe useful.

I am convinced that it was well worth the money and I doubt I'll have any regrets about it.

As is, with no adjustments done by me, and very little real practice with it, I now know that where ever I put that dot, a 40 cal. hole will appear within about 2 inches, maybe less.

Although the novelty hasn't worn out (only fired about 135 rounds that day,) the CT laser has shown me what I need to work on.

Shooting at the 25 yd. target, as I squeeze the trigger back, I can see that little red dot start to move all over the place. And this is something I can work on, at home. All I need to do is to pace off the distance, put up a dark surface to use as a "target," and work on keeping the dot in place as I drop the firing pin on a snap-cap.

Then back to the range to put what I learn to use.

I must say that I do understand how some feel that a laser could keep someone from developing basic good marksmanship. But, I am convinced that I can use it to improve my shooting skills.

I'm going to work at that.

Right now, I cannot think of a single, negative thing to say about the CT. I love it!

Mike

Assistant Administrator
    Mike - just as I expected

Just be sure you continue to practice with iron sights as well - and let the red dot be secondary if light low enough.

As you now see too - it sure as heck shows you what you may be doing wrong with trigger action and yeah - that can be worked on by dry fire, with of course a cleared (three times!) gun
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Glad you like it ... Hey next time your out at the Range try it left handed aiming with the left eye and tell me how easy it is to see it ..

Im cheep what can i say i wanna be sure how useable before i flip almost 300 for a set :(

Thanks Bud

Yikes! I can't believe I didn't already try that!

I'm off this Mon-Wed, I'll definately give that a try. Besides, I just noticed that my local WalMart has .40 S&W for $9.95 a box.

mm

The 100 round bulk packs of winchester dont shoot to bad.

Just make sure ya dont have any round with the bullets seated tooo deep seems to have been a problem, in the last few months that keeps cropping up With pic's online at some other forums

By that, I mean the beam is a know distance from the center of the bore. By adusting the beam so it points parallel to the bore, the dot should appear that same distance from the point of impact, at all ranges.

The laser would give a POA that would be off just by the distance of the distance between the emitter and the center of the bore, regardless of range. And that distance is certainly close enough for self-defense purposes.
    Hmmm.....now you have my analytical mind churning! I might be needing to adjust mine!

OK, I almost got it done, I did shoot with the weak hand. No problems, the CT made it easy. But, I forgot to try that with the left eye.

My non-dominant eye is really my weak eye.

But, next time out, I will do it, as it would be good to know how difficult it is.

Years ago, I used to shoot quite a bit. I most always shot mostly with a two-hand grip, but each time at the range, I would routinely fire some one-handed with the strong hand, and with the weak hand, as well.

Actually, that would have been somewhere around 1975 to 1980. . .

In any event, I'm still glad I bought the CT!

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links