CCW - 20 years on?

This is a discussion on CCW - 20 years on? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ghost Rider, Bad news, for the most part, she is pretty much an example of what we are turning out of our schools. I see ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW - 20 years on?

Ghost Rider,

Bad news, for the most part, she is pretty much an example of what we are turning out of our schools. I see it as a result of the student demonstrations back in the '60's, where they demanded "relevance" in their subject matter. Well, they got it, turned out some real idiots, and now those idiots are teaching children today. (The inmates took over the asylum.)

Now, there are some "bright and shinning stars" coming out of those schools from time to time, largely because there are some "bright and shinning stars" teaching them. That, and their parents are staying involved with their children.

So, all is not completely lost. Not yet, anyway.

Some semi-good news, It does seem harder to get an existing law off the books than it is to get a new one on.

Once a state has more-or-less "come to it's senses" and at least partially restored the RKBA, it will not be undone easily. At least, not in a state that I live in!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

2. Remove Ads

I feel guardedly optimistic about the future. The media (mostly Eastern based) will continue to portray our country in a poor or degenerating light. The left will continue to use incrementalism to promote their agenda and attempt to weaken us. However, the reality of the return of our carry rights, election results and a faith in the power of freedom gives me reason to believe that despite setbacks that will occur along the way, we will remain a free country. Some societal attitudes will come and go but the country overall remains firmly conservative and strongly supportive of individual rights. The fly over country is not dead but merely a quiet giant that walks softly and acarries a big vote. Many good things are happening and I prefer not focus only on the bad. Instead, be aware, speak up and enjoy what we do have while fighting to maintian (or recover) our rights and freedom.
    ----------------------------------------------
    Bob McDuffee, co-host DogWatch Social Club Podcast
    Thoughtful Conversation, Considered Opinion and a Touch of Insanity
    "He who goes about unarmed in paradise, had better be sure that is where he is!" James Thurber

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links