Thieves loot valuables (guns) from parked cars. Memphis TN

This is a discussion on Thieves loot valuables (guns) from parked cars. Memphis TN within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I have posted this before, but I can not stress how important it is to contact YOUR REP...... Now I have heard that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thieves loot valuables (guns) from parked cars. Memphis TN

I know I have posted this before, but I can not stress how important it is to contact YOUR REP......

Now I have heard that Naifeh has brokered deals with some Repubs that will allow him to retain his Speaker position. Remember the Naifeh republicans?

We all better call our state rep and tell him Naifeh's time is up. I heard on the radio all the Republican reps pledged to vote for a Republican speaker if we won the majority. Time to hold them to it!

Here is a copy of my letter to Dolores Gresham and her reply.....

Not as strong as I would like.......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your good wishes! We will be working very hard to put together a governing team that everyone can be proud of!
    Dolores

Sent: Thu 11/6/2008 12:22 PM
    To: Dolores Gresham
    Subject: Speaker of the House

Congratulations on your victory Tuesday. It was a bright spot on a otherwise dismal Wednesday to find out that Tennessee is leading the way AGAINST bigger government by electing a conservative Republican legislature. I was also pleased to hear Robin Smith comment that Republican members understood the necessity of unity when electing leadership. It is with this in mind I sincerely hope that Representative Naifeh has no chance at arm twisting his way into the Speaker's chair. Please do all you can to help in that effort.

Again congratulations and I look forward to supporting your efforts
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

2. Remove Ads

Hey State, thanks for your stupid laws but...no thanks. I've followed enough laws my whole life. When rotten people go to jail, police start obeying the speed limits that are set for me only ( apparently), when politicians go to jail like I would have to, doing what they do..When someone takes the millions from corporate people, and stop them from walking away with millions of dollars, while my life plans have been ruined, when illegals are sent home and barred from coming back, when terrorists of all colors and stripes stop their bull---, perhaps I'll be more interested in a sign that says I can't 'carry'.

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    very well said!
    Yep... its all our fault for having stuff.

Don't just leave it up to one guy to do the emailing, these are issues that affect all of us and all of us should be voiceing our feelings to our state and federal Represenitives...

IN THE MEAN TIME, when you have to leave your Roscoe in the car, lock it to the seat post with a cable.

I found it unsettling as well.
    My lady-friend, her kids, and myself went to Memphis a few months ago and she wanted TGI Friday's.
    Dang, no carry!
    We also went to your zoo.
    Dang, no carry!

I couldn't see leaving it in the car, so I put the magazine in the trunk, the frame in the glove compartment, and carried the slide into those places that were off limits.
    I don't know if it was the right answer to the problem, but I wasn't giving a crook a complete 1911 either.

Also, I think the zoo is a strange place to limit CC. After all, I don't have a lion tag on my hunting license and I don't even know how to field dress one.

Good luck with your officials.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eatatjoz View Post
    Also, I think the zoo is a strange place to limit CC.
    The zoo, in-and-of-itself, is not off limits. The fact that it sits in a park makes it off limits.

This past year, we had a nice bill to repeal the two incredibly stupid rules from our five rules. And due to Jimmy Naifeh's ability to kill it in committee, it got scraped. When the legislative branch changes hands, I'm going to start sending letters, making calls, and encouraging others to do the same.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    The zoo, in-and-of-itself, is not off limits. The fact that it sits in a park makes it off limits.
    Actually, not true. The zoo itself is off limits due to the fact that it is owned by the city of Memphis. As such, it is City property just like the parks and government buildings therefore off limits.

I confirmed this with a friend who is very pro gun who left the TV station I work at to take a PR position at the Zoo.

It sucks but, that's the way it is.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Actually, not true. The zoo itself is off limits due to the fact that it is owned by the city of Memphis. As such, it is City property just like the parks and government buildings therefore off limits.

I confirmed this with a friend who is very pro gun who left the TV station I work at to take a PR position at the Zoo.

It sucks but, that's the way it is.
    Government property - state or local - is not off limits in Tennessee unless it is posted, save areas and buildings for "recreational purposes."

39-17-1311. Carrying weapons on public parks, playgrounds, civic centers and other public recreational buildings and grounds.

(a) It is an offense for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, with the intent to go armed, any weapon prohibited by 39-17-1302(a), not used solely for instructional, display or sanctioned ceremonial purposes, in or on the grounds of any public park, playground, civic center or other building facility, area or property owned, used or operated by any municipal, county or state government, or instrumentality thereof, for recreational purposes.
    39-17-1311 several times specifically mentions "public recreational property" but never mentions simply "public property" other than that for recreational purposes.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links