On ESPN

On ESPN

This is a discussion on On ESPN within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; right now there talking about players carrying concealed, and another gun issues...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On ESPN

On ESPN

right now there talking about players carrying concealed, and another gun issues
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Darn, missed it

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I did hear that quite a few NFL players are into guns. Hopefully with proper lic. and training, unlike a certain NYG player.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by AirForceShooter View Post
    Darn, missed it
    Same here. It would have been interesting though, I'm sure.

-Jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    I did hear that quite a few NFL players are into guns. Hopefully with proper lic. and training, unlike a certain NYG player.
    Sadly the majority of them likely don't, they aren't carrying for defensive purposes, they are carrying for "street cred" and it isn't limited to just the NFL
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

One player turned himself in on charges of carry a concealed weapon. Plaxico Burris I think. Basically all not good things, as usual.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

VIP Member
    If they are following the laws of the state where they are residents, then more power to them. If on the other hand they are doing as Burress did, then show them the inside of a jail cell. As far as the NFL and commissioner are concerned, as long as they are not breaking the law, mind your own business.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I just saw a report on Fox news about this and they showed the perp walk. A couple of major issues stick from their report (not discounting the knucklehead shooting himself) are the NFLs stance and the increasing numbers of the players involved in violence and gun violations. Looks like the player may get wrapped up in NJ too. They actually recovered it there. Not sure what their licensing requirements (for weapons) are... Fox alluded to his carry method as "stuffed in the front of his sweats". Like a previous poster postulated, he was seeking street cred. He obviously did not take serious the responsibility he had undertaken. Maybe getting shot and spending a little time in the pokey will make a believer out of him and those he influenced. Even a bad situation can be used as a good example.

FOXNews.com - Burress Turns Self In, Expected to Plead Not Guilty in Accidental Shooting - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

The gun was eventually recovered at Burress' house in New Jersey, authorities said.

The case drew the wrath of Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who has waged a long fight against illegal guns during his time in office. He called for a full prosecution of state law that requires mandatory prison for carrying a loaded handgun.

"I don't think anybody should be exempt from that, and I think it would be an outrage if we didn't prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, particularly people who live in the public domain, make their living because of their visibility — they're the role models for our kids," Bloomberg said.

He also lashed out at the hospital, based on the allegation that officials may not have properly reported the shooting.

"It's just an outrage that the hospital didn't do what they were legally required to do. It's a misdemeanor, it's a chargeable offense, and I think the district attorney should certainly go after the management of this hospital. The lame excuse that they didn't know — this is a world-class hospital," he said.
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

BAC
    Bloomberg seems confused. What Burris did is a felony. Let's see how New York City handles this before we jump to conclusions.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Bloomberg seems confused. What Burris did is a felony. Let's see how New York City handles this before we jump to conclusions.

-B
    Actually I think Bloomberg was refering to the hospitals lack of proper reporting as a misdemeanor, not what Burris did.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

During the Skins-Giants game, Tony Saragusa said that there should be no reason to carry a gun, if you're that scared don't go out of the house. He also said if he's wanded at a club then he needs to go somewhere else.
    My thought is at least the place is taking some security measures instead of putting up a sign and thinking no one will dare disobey the sign.
    Burress is stupid, no doubt. I'm actually a little suprised he had a FL permit at one time. Usually the "street cred" guys don't bother with a permit.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

OK, um so he said that he "threw it over a bridge on the way home one night".....is he SERIOUS?!?!??! Secondly, a quote......

"how many of these guns were registered? Mines wasn't..."

Oh, and according to him "athletes are sometimes above the law" ...that's a quote.

Hmm...I'm not even going to touch this one....
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

If memory serves me correctly this is a felony with a MANDATORY sentence but I bet he skates.

Yea not sure how I felt about the story. They did a good job with the MLB outfielder who legally carries at all time, he explained why he did it and came across as way more rational than the former NFL guy who "threw a gun off the highway" on his way home one night. Unbelievable.

If I'm a pro athlete I would carry everywhere. People know them by face, everyone knows the kind of money they make. Why would you not carry? But seriously, you have to obey the law. So either carry legally or hire a bodyguard.
    Last edited by jcaramis; December 1st, 2008 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Me no speak well engreesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links