Conceal Carry Poll at Texas University

This is a discussion on Conceal Carry Poll at Texas University within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Aggie Senator to Propose Concealed Handguns on College Campuses...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conceal Carry Poll at Texas University

NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member

2. Remove Ads

FYI I'm the bald student in the video...

The student in the video says he doesn't think they should allow guns in the midst of students...what does he think BG's do?

Hey Matt...nice calm presentation...

Hopefully this may cause a nationwide breakthrough, just like CCW took off back in the mid 90's.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yes, good job on the calm presentation.

I'd love to see it happen.

VIP Member
    Well presented Matt, hopefully things work out for you and all the other law abiding students in TX.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Well done, Matt...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Nicely done Matt. Well spoken, well dressed, you projected a great face of the CCW holder. Calm, cool, rational. Very well done.

I know I would feel better knowing that there are students who carry and would be able to fight back in a VA Tech type of situation.

You know, it amazes me that these pin heads like the man in the video who just doesn't see why anyone would need to or want to carry on a campus (never mind the fact that the worst mass shooting has happened on a college campus ) won't see the reality of the world we live in.

And, since the cowards that carry out these mass shootings like the nut at VA Tech almost always turn their weapon on themselves as soon as they no longer just have unarmed victims to slaughter. When the police show up or someone they thought was a sheep is armed and fights back, they kill themselves. So I would think that students carrying concealed would be a HUGE deterrent to future mass shootings.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Very Well Done! A positive, quality presentation.

I'm with TN Mike, I don't see how those opposed can keep thier anti position after such acts like VT, and knowing the facts.........
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The student in the video says he doesn't think they should allow guns in the midst of students...what does he think BG's do?

Hey Matt...nice calm presentation...

Hopefully this may cause a nationwide breakthrough, just like CCW took off back in the mid 90's.
    Maybe a better approach would be to not allow BGs in the midst of students . . . oh, wait . . .

Ditto on the nice presentation!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Well done Matt.

The other student in the video, he is destined to be one of those who can not think past the tip of his nose. Like all the other grass-eaters, reaction to events is all they are capable of. They can not grasp the fact that an individual intent on doing harm is going to do it, regardless if they have a permit (gods forbid) or not. A rule or a law is not going to stop them.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Nicely done Matt. Well spoken, well dressed, you projected a great face of the CCW holder. Calm, cool, rational. Very well done.

I know I would feel better knowing that there are students who carry and would be able to fight back in a VA Tech type of situation.....

Yeah Matt, very nice presentation...............

Please keep us posted.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Very well done Matt.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

It's like he said, when you use it. Allowing concealed carry on campus will not change when you can use the handgun. The opposing student really wants it not accessible. As soon as that student leaves campus he is exposing himself to people that have concealed weapons. Isn't there a buffer zone (1000ft) around the school for no firearms? That would include Northgate if so. When I was there in the 80's we never had any shootings or issues with weapons that I recall.

For CHL holders it is okay to keep your weapon inside your vehicle (in a school zone), but one cannot carry it on their person on campus. So, is it okay for students that live on campus to keep their weapons in their cars if they are licensed?
    Yoda, I am, yes.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I am always amazed at how people think; just because they can't handle stress or a situation that everyone else is the same...great job Matt...
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Best of luck on the new bill! It would be a major break through.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links