My family took PPIH

This is a discussion on My family took PPIH within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My family (myself, wife and 16 year old daughter) completed our NRA personal protection in the home course. My daughter was allowed to "sit in" ...

Thread: My family took PPIH

My family took PPIH

My family (myself, wife and 16 year old daughter) completed our NRA personal protection in the home course. My daughter was allowed to "sit in" for free to get the same info my wife and I got. It was a very good course with a lot of really good information. We are all glad we took it.

Before we went, my wife's pistol permit came through (not bad, it only took about a month), so she could work with the actual pistols we have in the house.

My next step is taking the CCW course which says that it's "Broome County Approved" for judicial removal of permit restrictions. It's three hours of class work one night, and about 8 hours of range instruction the next night.

I'm using the LCP (since I don't carry it concealed yet, I'm not too worried about dropping it with one in the chamber) with the CT laser grip (I sighted it in last weekend, and at 10 ft, the bullet is going where the dot points).

I know NY is a pain in the butt, but I live in a beautiful area, and though the cost is a little high for the training, it's not wasted. I'll keep you all posted on the status of my concealed carry permit quest.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a great experience. Thanks for sharing.

-Jeff-

Congrats for the 'family' course approach. Having your daughter sit in was a great idea.
    The extra course work for the removal of 'judicial restrictions' is , but then I'm sure you already knew that...sorry for all the crap that NY hands out to its citizens.

Stay armed...as a family ...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    good Idea for the daughter to sit in
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Good job... I bet the "family approach" was greater impression than just saying, "sit down and let's spend 5 minutes talking about safety..."

I saw a YouTube video not long ago of a young girl, maybe 10 or 12 years old, field stripping an AR-15... I was thinkin', "that's my girl right there..." She wasn't ready for SEAL training yet, but there's a young lady that can probably cope with a predator in the house if she were alone...

Thumbs up...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Sounds good. Nice that the family went through it together.

A family that shoots together stays together!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Administrator
    Great having your daughter sit in.
    It's important for kids to get a bit of good, honest, truthful and qualified firearms information some time before they hit the college anti-gun brainwash machine.

Quote Originally Posted by cl00bie View Post
    My next step is taking the CCW course which says that it's "Broome County Approved" for judicial removal of permit restrictions. It's three hours of class work one night, and about 8 hours of range instruction the next night.

Let me know by email if you would on that. I was born and raised in Binghamton. Don't know if I am going to "Come Home" again or not at this point.
    I suggest that if you can find in your inner self the will to inflict violence on someone who is trying to victimize you, and can back up that iron will with all the force that you can muster, you will most likely be successful.

Links