Ever been shot...?

Ever been shot...?

This is a discussion on Ever been shot...? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm curious if anyone here has been a victim of gun violence... I was originally thinking in civilian terms, but give the number of LEO, ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever been shot...?

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar

Ever been shot...?

I'm curious if anyone here has been a victim of gun violence... I was originally thinking in civilian terms, but give the number of LEO, military, and vets here, somebody here has probably been shot.

I have been shot, and if you have never had that experience, it does change your perspective, on a variety of things. I'm curious how others reacted to it... I somehow think my reaction was atypical.

I'm not LEO or military, and I'm sure that's something only truly understood by those that have "been there". The reality of punching in every day at a job where YOU are a potential target is foreign to me, and being immersed in a combat zone for days or weeks or months at a time like our military folks is beyond my comprehension.

I'm pretty sure every life-and-death experience has its own unique flavor... I was curious about what happened to others and how the experience of being on the receiving end of fire changed your perspective...

I once saw a less-than-epic movie years ago called "Pass The Ammo", where a TV evangelist and his congregation get taken hostage by 3 or 4 armed nitwits... a completely forgettable film, but one line from that movie is burned into my psyche. The local rural cops are discussing how to free the hostages, and the young rookie deputy that has never been to a major crime scene suggests that they storm the chapel, guns a-blazing, because the hostage takers are only armed with a few pistols...

And the more experienced sergeant looks at the dumb rookie and sez... "Have you ever been shot with a pistol...?"

Only thing I remember from that movie...

So... ever been shot...? How did that go down, and did it change you at all...?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Shot, no.

Shot at, Yes!

U.S. Army 1986-Present
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

+1 on being shot at. The 4th of July, alcohol, and guns don't mix. I had to cut my fishing trip short. Luckily, they were lousy marksmen or I would not be here typing this.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    Shot?? yep. 3 times

It hurts. Usually about 5 minutes after. Shock can be a beautiful thing.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Shot, no.

Shot at, Yes!

U.S. Army 1986-Present
    +1 SCARNG 1988-Present

Shot = No

Gun to the temple during a robbery = Yes, Scary and glad I lived to tell.

Victim of violence? yes....

But it was a BG who used a gun....not the gun itself...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    But it was a BG who used a gun....not the gun itself...
    If only we could get the masses to realize that point right there!

I have been drawn on but never shot at, sometimes its nice to be well known in bad neighborhoods.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array coffeecup's Avatar
    Twice. Once with a 16ga shotgun at about 40 yards. Penetrated canvas hunting clothes,jeans,and underware, not to mention my skin.

Second time in the hip with a round from an AK47. It penetrated my pistol belt and ended up in my rear end.

Both times it hurt like hell and I do not advise anyone to give it a try just for the hell of it.

VIP Member
    Yes, but it was a hunting accident.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Shot in the left forearm with a .22LR from a rifle. Idiot friend. Through and through but still hurt like crazy and needed stitches to close the dime sized exit hole.
    Last edited by Miggy; December 3rd, 2008 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Creative workaround on language

Shot at once... and shot with a 12ga at ~50 yards during opening day of Pheasant season in field in Utah. Just enough to really tick me off. Had enough time to see it coming -- birds got up and flew right between me and another group of hunters. I watched the dummy tracking the bird right between us and I started to shout, "NO... NO...!" and damn if he didn't pull the trigger right when the bird was precisely between us.

I didn't shoot back, but never even got an I'm sorry. Certainly not "violent crime"... there's probably 100 other people on here with the same story.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgum View Post
    Shot in the left forearm with a .22LR from a rifle. Idiot friend. Through and through but still hurt like crazy and needed stitches to close the dime sized exit hole.

The ER closed the hole? Errr.....

Not been shot, but been attacked with a knife. Good thing the thug was young and stupid (as I was at the time), because I got only a couple of nicks.

I think that was the beginning of the end of my sheep days.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

SHOT - Yes...Hunting accident when I was 9. My Dad's best friend was to our right about 40-50 yards. A rabbit flushed between us, he threw down and pulled the trigger. I was "peppered" with shot. Luckily no penetration and no lasting effects. Dad was one upset puppy! SHOT AT - Yes...Vietnam Vet 1 Aug 69 to 1 Aug 70.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links