Co. CCW info

Co. CCW info

This is a discussion on Co. CCW info within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was printing the application today and my neighbor brought this to my attention, seems that if you have a recent (within 10 years) Hunter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Co. CCW info

Co. CCW info

I was printing the application today and my neighbor brought this to my attention, seems that if you have a recent (within 10 years) Hunter safety course card it is good enough to get your CCW... I called to verify and it is confirmed.

I am signing my wife and daughter up as well, for $10.00 each my wife and I will satisfy the state requirements and then I can save my money for real training.

I'm glad you will still consider taking "real" training. I have yet to see a hunter safety course that has anything to do with self-defense, CC, or the laws pertaining to carrying a handgun.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

The reason this appealed to me was to get the permit part out of the way, I have been shooting and hunting most of my life and have had good success teaching my wife to shoot as well. This will get my wife and girl up to speed till I can find suitable training for actual carry. The market for firearms training is flooded and finding one that doesn't suck is proving to be a trying task. Just when I think I have found "the one" I find someone who says " don't go there". I just don't want to waste my money.

Congrats! 43 days and counting for me.

-Jeff-

Stop counting. You'll only make yourself crazy and then you won't be qualified to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgum View Post
    Stop counting. You'll only make yourself crazy
    Too late.

In Adams county it took the full 90 days to get mine....I was so happy when it cam thru....
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    I was printing the application today and my neighbor brought this to my attention, seems that if you have a recent (within 10 years) Hunter safety course card it is good enough to get your CCW... I called to verify and it is confirmed.

I am signing my wife and daughter up as well, for $10.00 each my wife and I will satisfy the state requirements and then I can save my money for real training.
    What county are you in? The law specifically says "Handgun training class" in section 18-12-203. Several sites out there indicate it doesn't qualify, and a few say that it does. Please keep us informed as to whether or not they accept it. This is odd, since the hunter safety course can be taken almost entirely online.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

New Member Array Dynamite Rabbit's Avatar
    Weld County's information packet says this:

6. A training certificate from a “handgun training class”. Which is defined as a firearms safety course offered by a law enforcement agency (including Division of Wildlife hunter safety card), an institution of higher education, or a public or private institution or organization or firearms training school, that is open to the general public and is taught by a certified instructor, obtained within the ten years preceding submittal of the application.

I clarified this with both the D.O.W. and the county Sheriff's office and both say it is legit. I live in Weld county but I thought this was a state permit??? It does say Weld county at the top of the Application. I will definitely keep everyone informed. I am going to see if other counties have their apps online and will see what the differences are if any and report back.

Also I received a PM from another member regarding my "proper training" and he recommended Profire USA... Any others from Colo. been to their coarse and how was it... I just wanted to clarify that I am not using the Hunter safety class as a way out of getting the proper training, just as a quicker way to get the permit app filed since we may be looking at a deadline to get a CCW and don't want to miss the boat.

I took my basic handgun course with Jim Torrez at Tactical Skills Institute. He mainly operates in the northern part of the state. I don't have a lot of experience with other courses but Jim was very knowledgeable, ran a mature but safe range, and is personable as well.

Tactical Skills Institute

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    Also I received a PM from another member regarding my "proper training" and he recommended Profire USA... Any others from Colo. been to their coarse and how was it... I just wanted to clarify that I am not using the Hunter safety class as a way out of getting the proper training, just as a quicker way to get the permit app filed since we may be looking at a deadline to get a CCW and don't want to miss the boat.
    I don't think we're looking at a deadline. That's a lot of fear tactic for political ends. As for ProFire... I have taken training with them and can also recommend them. Their CCW course is well worth the time/money... The information I found most valuable was the detailed explanation of Colorado law, shoot/don't shoot scenarios, and understanding changes throughout Colorado (such as legal differences between Denver County and the rest of the state)... Good information to have.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

In my corner of the state, a hunter card will work in Montezuma County but not in LaPlata County. It's up to the sheriff.
    A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable
    to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Author unknown

Hunter Safety card is good in El Paso County. Just had a coworker obtain his CHL this way.

I took my class at the Firing Line in Aurora with Jim(don't know last name) and he did one heck of a class with the differant scenero's and what the law says etc.
    I would recomend his class for everyone.
    Glock 23
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger Mark 3
    S&W 642
    Looking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links