Defensive Carry banner

FL. Carry Laws

3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  gatorsmash 
#1 ·
1. The wife and I are going up to St. Augustine this weekend. I would imagine that I will be packing most of the time. I can't remember if you are allowed to carry in state parks. I know you can licensed while fishing/hunting. I am not sure about while touring old forts and such, might be a mute point they might be National Parks. (I guess it is time to break out the Gutmacher book again).

2. That brings up another question. I know that CCW in national parks is verboten. Thanksgiving weekend I was on the Hwy that runs through the Ocala National Forest CCW. Would that have been a problem had I have been stopped?

Thanks!!! :santaclaus:
Chris

BTW. Wednesday was our 20th anniversary!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/verboten

#4 · (Edited)
We are 90 minutes away from St. Augustine...we visit there from time to time...I carry 100% of the time while there.

If a place is illegal for carry, I don't go in...

Stay armed...concealed is concealed...stay safe!

#5 ·
Castillo de San Marco is a federal park - carry there is not legal. Whether or not they check is not the point. As lawfully armed citizens, we are responsible for knowing and obeying the law.

Carry in the Ocala National Forest is fine. It is a national forest, but it is managed by the state, so CCW there is fine. My wife and I often visit Ocala, and I always carry there. You can meet some, um, interesting folks in the more isolated areas of the forrest.

Matt

#6 ·
As Matt said, state parks and national forests are fine.
National parks are still off-limits. Your decision: carry and risk jail and loss of CWFL or don't carry.

#7 ·
As far as driving through the Forest. You are on the highway. Same rules as any highway. Off the road then National Forest rules.
Ooooooo, bad advise! If it's a NPS road you can lose all your weapons if you happen to get stopped. My gun club checked this out at the source since the DC area has a couple of major roads that are used by commuters such as the GW Parkway in VA and the BW Parkway in MD. In this case the road right-of-way is considered the "Park".

#8 ·
National Forests in FL are OK to carry.
National PARKS are NOT.

#9 ·
Now I am confused. I just looked at another posting I believe is talking about Florida law and saw this:

"Section 790.11 prohibits firearms in National Forests except during hunting season. This does not apply to a firearm securely stored within a vehicle on a state road."

Not being a Floridian, I would have expected carry on National Forest lands would be allowed but this Item certainly indicates otherwise. :twak:

#17 ·
A little off topic but i have a question regarding Florida carry law, I was told it was legal to carry within a bank, but most banks ive been to (such as bank of america and wachovia) have a NO gun No animal and NO something else sign on the front, do they just put that there to discourage carry?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.