He gets it...

He gets it...

This is a discussion on He gets it... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Connell: Americans have right to self-defense | thetimesherald.com | The Times Herald Link to a good read. Mike is a very common sense oriented writer....

Thread: He gets it...

He gets it...

Connell: Americans have right to self-defense | thetimesherald.com | The Times Herald

Link to a good read. Mike is a very common sense oriented writer.

Thanks. This is a very readable look at historical, and current events context for 2A.
    Still Clingin'

I find it inexplicable that presumably armed police did not shoot back at these gunman.

There's more to this story that has not been released yet.
    It isnít the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Shows how much damage can be done by just a few terrorists with AKs against unarmed sheep.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

He sure as heck does get it!!

I know people who would gut the Second Amendment even though they claim to embrace the other nine amendments. What folly. It's rather like saying that except for a couple of murders, you live by the Ten Commandments.

To my way of thinking, those who would shoot down the Second Amendment are taking aim at all of our liberties, whether it is the right to a public trial before an impartial jury or the freedom to worship, or not to worship, as we choose.
    I think the above quoted two paragraphs are the most salient part of the entire article. I would suggest copying the article and sending it to your representatives and senators. I did. And many of them could use a little refresher.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

VIP Member
    Good article, too bad the anti's wouldn't understand it, even if they bothered to read it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Pretty clear to me...

(Many in Florida would have done something. )
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    No doubt, Ret... if I'm armed in a train station and some guy with an AK is shooting commuters, he's gotta go...

I'm stunned that the police weren't firing back...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Good article, posted it to my Facebook too.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Sponsored Links