Arrrrrrgh I hate the post office!!!

This is a discussion on Arrrrrrgh I hate the post office!!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last Monday I sent off both mine and my wifes applications. The very next day her application check went though. Mine hasnt yet. The apps ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrrrrrgh I hate the post office!!!

Arrrrrrgh I hate the post office!!!

Last Monday I sent off both mine and my wifes applications. The very next day her application check went though. Mine hasnt yet. The apps were mailed in identical envelopes with identical postage and weighed the same.

Today I check the mail and my application package was sent back to me with a note that it needs 16 cents more postage.

They have now cost me 8 days. I am pissed!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That's why they have a waiting period.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Shouldn't have mailed your long rap sheet with your app.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    That's why they have a waiting period.
    Now that was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Shouldn't have mailed your long rap sheet with your app.
    Nah just 2 items both for traffic violations.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    That's a crapper, now your wife's going to have a permit before you!!

How's that going to feel??
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    That's a crapper, now your wife's going to have a permit before you!!

How's that going to feel??
    Very crappy! Mostly because she isnt as interested in protecting herself as I am in protecting her. In fact she is often in need of protection moreso than myself while out of the house.

Her job is 50 minutes away from home. She leaves in the dark and comes home in the dark.

Yeah this sucks. Now Im a week behind in my trip to WalMart.

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Very crappy! Mostly because she isnt as interested in protecting herself as I am in protecting her. In fact she is often in need of protection moreso than myself while out of the house.

Her job is 50 minutes away from home. She leaves in the dark and comes home in the dark.

I feel for ya man...I really do. One year I forgot to sign my income tax! Talk about pissed now! No reason to delay that trip to Wal Mart.....they still have ammo, and cheap too! Did my local WM today for some 9mm Blazer brass...they finally got some! BTW, I know where you're coming from on your wife's trip to work. My job is 62 miles one way...leave in the dark, go home in the dark. I'll never be without. My advice for a nice Christmas present for your better half? A road service plan that goes with her cell phone. I've got one for myself and my wife, and it gives me a certain peace of mind for sure.

Quit complaining

you sent an overweight or oversized envelope and got caught. hers went through. Your fault not the Post Office.

steve

Think positive, maybe you're 8 days behind her...but what if you get your permit first? Stranger things have happened.

Stay armed...let's hope...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Sounds like you only have yourself to pissed about...wasn't the post office's problem.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post

Oh no! Now she'll just have to go to Wal-Mart without you, maybe she'll bring you some nachos!

Talking With extra cheese on them too.

steve

Hey that's nothing. On Nov 1, our trap club delivered 300+ pre-sorted (by zip), single sheet fliers for our annual pre-Thanksgiving Turkey Shoot to the to the Cedaredge, CO Post Office for mailing. They all bore the required postage permit 'indichia'.

The date of the Shoot was Sunday, Nov. 23.

The main part of the mailing covered all trapshooters in Colorado & eastern Utah. This mailing also included myself and other board members of the trap club. When the last week came and no one had received the mailer, we went to to PO and inquired. They had no clue where the fliers were. A PO employee said "Well, maybe they'll show up."

On Monday, Dec. 1, people finally started receiving the fliers.

We went to the PO and asked for a credit on our meter number and guess what we got? We got Ungotz, Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nil. We got nothing!
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by stolivar View Post
    you sent an overweight or oversized envelope and got caught. hers went through. Your fault not the Post Office.

steve

Nope... I had the packages weighed at the post office. They are exactly the same. If anything mine weighs less because the mug shot I had to include was a bit smaller than my wife's. Sorry you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I feel for ya man...I really do. One year I forgot to sign my income tax! Talk about pissed now! No reason to delay that trip to Wal Mart.....they still have ammo, and cheap too! Did my local WM today for some 9mm Blazer brass...they finally got some! BTW, I know where you're coming from on your wife's trip to work. My job is 62 miles one way...leave in the dark, go home in the dark. I'll never be without. My advice for a nice Christmas present for your better half? A road service plan that goes with her cell phone. I've got one for myself and my wife, and it gives me a certain peace of mind for sure.
    Good call on the service plan. No biggie on Wally World I picked up 2 boxes of WWB today in fact. LOL

Ill tack the 16 cents on tomorrow when I go back to the post office. So it will now probably be the middle of March. Jeepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Bouquett View Post
    Oh no! Now she'll just have to go to Wal-Mart without you, maybe she'll bring you some nachos!
    We have a sub shop in our WalMart. Well one has a Subway and the other has a Sub Station. Nachos.....Hmmmm that sounds good.

Administrator
    The women working at my little rinky local PO call me their First Class Male.
    Real nice friendly folks...too bad I'm married and that necessitates me having to leave a trail of a thousand broken hearts behind me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links