The newest Brinks commercials...

This is a discussion on The newest Brinks commercials... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If your reading this retsupt I know you will understand as I read your thread last year about the same thing, just different commercial. What's ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The newest Brinks commercials...

The newest Brinks commercials...

If your reading this retsupt I know you will understand as I read your thread last year about the same thing, just different commercial.

What's everyone's input on the newest Brinks sheep commercials? I think they are totally illogical and lack any common sense.

The most recent one that I see at least twice a night is a girl is home alone and a BG breaks window/kicks in door, but then runs away like a track star when the alarm goes off. The girl sees this happens and just stands there, while doing the movie style scream. Brinks calls to the rescue, the girl tells them quietly someone tried to break in, but then in a louder bold voice tells them (and the viewer) at THE ALARM SCARED HIM OFF!. Brinks then tells the girl they will CALL HER PARENTS. Anyone see anything wrong with that?

Brinks must be psychic and they KNOW the BG has totally aborted his mission and they should call the girls parents because she will need consoling immedeatly....forget calling the police and getting some LEO over there and in the area...no, don't need that Brinks, the teenage girl in a house with the door now kicked in will be FINE...she just needs a hug from mom, so please do get her there ASAP. I bet they would even kill the audible alarm at the same time.

Is anyone as confusled with the portrayal as me or am I just going overboard. I'm not saying having an alarm system isn't a good idea as a good backup to your own HD plan, but they way they make these commercials is just absured.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

2. Remove Ads

I agree - it is a little surreal. However, I would hope that the noise, and the fact that she is screaming - might scare off the more timid of the BG's.

Of course, what they don't show you on the screen is her boyfriend/husband with a glock in both hands, with those special little red dots dancing all over the BG's backside as he makes his getaway.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

I agree the commercial that comes on during PDTV is much better. Where the couple is reading to their child, and someone tries to break in, and you just seem them drop cold.

I think it might be a crimson trace commercial or something.
    ‘‘To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...’’

— Richard Henry Lee, 1787

All these commercials are only for the .

I also would like to see how the operator manages to call within 3 seconds of the alarm......when you enter a residence (like coming home), doesn't it give you 20-30 seconds to turn the alarm off before it actually goes off?

I laugh each time I hear the Brinks operator ask, "Are you OK? I'm sending help right now." They might as well call Dominos, too! Then they can have pizza as the cops arrive.

There's a lot of 911 phone calls where the caller is screaming as he/she is being killed...what's Brinks going to do with that alarm?

I just shake my head at each commercial...how misleading!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I find the commercials funny, in a sick sort of way. I only have an alarm system so the Sheriff's Lt. across the street will be woken up .

I have my Mossy for the rest
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Despite the stupidity of all the Brinks' commercials, if it raises the awareness that normal families can be victimized at any time then it does a good service.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Despite the stupidity of all the Brinks' commercials, if it raises the awareness that normal families can be victimized at any time then it does a good service.
    This is true, but...

If it makes them think the BG will simply run away when the siren goes off then does it not do more harm than good?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I never thought about that retsupt, you are right, usually you have a dwell period to enter your code, maybe they have certain things like glass breakage sensors that just default to alarm if triggered...who knows but still the commercial is just plain hollywood.

I thought about that too when they say "I'm sending help now"...what happened to the autodialing alarms that just call the LEO themselves right away...if you take the dwell time of the alarm, plus them talking to you, then contacting the LEO for you, there's another minute at LEAST added onto the LEO response time, in a situation where seconds count.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    This is true, but...

If it makes them think the BG will simply run away when the siren goes off then does it not do more harm than good?
    Well, they would be hard pressed to sell their product if the phone was ringing while the bad guy was raping the teenage girl and the police arrive to then call an ambulance, which would eventually transport the stabbed girl to the hospital.

Now, THAT would be a commercial...

Quote Originally Posted by svinfinity45 View Post
    ... a BG breaks window/kicks in door, but then runs away like a track star when the alarm goes off.
    Had one do exactly this, on my home. Kicked in the back door, the alarm fired, and he was gone. That's a fact, since the alarm company knew I was out of town, placed the call immediately, and yet a police cruiser on the next street got there in 30sec but found no thief. Sheriff said it was reasonably likely to be a specific kid in the neighborhood who had been on the radar for a few years, though he couldn't prove anything. (Personally, I think it was the 150dB+ siren I had mounted immediately above the doorway he entered, but that's just a guess. I hope the idiot had broken eardrums. )
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think the whole calling of "brinks" or whatever service provider is to keep the LEO from answering the false alarms that invariably happen in living life in your home. You know in some munincipalities (sp?) they charge for showing to false alarms (read that accidental triggers). Just yesterday I knocked over a plastic cup in my master-bath, while waking up - my alarm started screaming, and the phone rang within seconds - yep, our service provider checking to see if everything was all right, and we had to give our secret word to verify all was well. Glad the cops weren't on their way for that one. it would have cost me for that little mistake. (I since moved the cup, don't want that to happen again).

Anyway, sleeeping with my glock, and keeping it close at hand - will do me a world of comfort "and I pity the fool" who attempts to harm my family while I am dialing 911 with my left hand
    Shivering in the "heat"

Quote Originally Posted by ChiWeiSz View Post
    Just yesterday I knocked over a plastic cup in my master-bath, while waking up - my alarm started screaming, and the phone rang within seconds
    Huh?

Lol - sorry, let me explain. I have a shatter alarm in the master-bath. It is activated by sharp sounds, like shattered glass. The plastic cup, made a very sharp sound and it tripped the alarm. A little clumsy of me...
    Shivering in the "heat"

These ads show more reasons to carry a gun, than ever .....

"Honey, just a second.... did you forget your key".... "what are you talking about mom, I'm right here".... man forces in door, alarm goes off, and he runs away.

IF that worked, all we would have to do was carry "air horns" to scare those BG's away. Then they CALL YOU ??? Oh, that will do a lot of good in the middle of a home invasion.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    "Thank you for calling the Jones family... we can't come to the phone right now, but if you leave a message at the tone..."
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links