fingerprinted

This is a discussion on fingerprinted within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well i got finger printed today for my california ccw already pre approved by the sheriff. i signed up to take the 16 hour class ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fingerprinted

fingerprinted

well i got finger printed today for my california ccw already pre approved by the sheriff. i signed up to take the 16 hour class for next weekend jan 21 and 22,2006 so as soon as i get the call from the sheriffs dept that my prints cleared and they willve it in about 3 to 4 weeks depending on the fbis workload. i will leave work early and go get my weapons inspected and go get the permit i hope to ha. i have florida and utah already and have a dod secret clearance the fbi is going to laff at my prints since they have done them 3 times in the last 2 years with no changes. oh and it was live scan prints very cool how they do that the gal said when i was done that they were already in the fbis data base by the time i left. hopefully that makes the process faster. again i am just a regular guy not a cronie or anything.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah the Big Scanning machine was Cool.. They told me it would take no time at all for my fingerprints to go though and it didnt ...

Assistant Administrator
    I had those electronic prints done last year, for INS, next to last stage of my citizenship deal. Cool machine that's for sure.

What was a PITA tho - that involved a $70 cost, a 220 mile trip, expensive parking (in PBH) - all for a 20 minute appointment! Plus - a year ago I had the prints done the old fashioned way at local SO, for my FL non-res - so they were already in the system anyways!!

Oh well - guess my prints are double verified!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

Smile

No permit to purchase Handgun.
    No registration.
    No fingerprints for Carry License - costs $20

I love the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania .
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

ive had my prints done 4 times now in the last 2 years i think they should be still be in the system

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Weapons inspected?

Does this mean you can only carry the inspected weapon?

Here they still use the ink print system and if one of the prints are even a little bit smudged the FBI kicks them back and you have to get them done again.

Senior Moderator
    Fingerprints...

You would think with all of the technology out there that one set of fingerprints on file should suffice...

but no....you get put the the process each and everytime something comes up and I think its utterly ridiculous...

using myself for an example for instance...

US Navy...3 different sets of prints...
    working at a nuclear plant 2 sets of prints for employment
    getting a CCW permit 1 set
    becoming a CCW instructor 1 set
    becoming a Deputy Sherrif 2 sets
    obtaining any class 3 stuff...2 sets for each application
    as a result of Homeland Security BS...another set every 5 years when employed at a nuclear plant

I mean, just exactly how many sets does it take ?
    The people at the FBI ought to be able to LOOK at my prints and know who I am by now...

We got printed last Monday for our CCW's (my wife and I). They used the electronic machine which was really cool.

The SO commander was training an employee to take over his job. She was a cute little thing about five feet tall. Commander, a guy about 6'6" did Sandy's, and then the cute little thing wanted to try to do mine.

There's a lot more to it than it looks. Cute little thing had a lot of trouble getting my prints.

6'6" kept saying "Push down harder". Cute thing was saying "But I don't want to hurt him". I was saying "You ain't gonna hurt me pushing down on my finger".

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc_marine
    ive had my prints done 4 times now in the last 2 years i think they should be still be in the system
    I don't think the FBI EVER gets rid of a set of prints! Yours (and mine) will be in the data base LONG after we are gone!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Moderator
    There is a bit of technique reqiured to get a good set of prints and it takes a bit of practice. You push the finger and then you "roll it". You get into trouble when the person that you are printing tries to help you. Its best to tell them to look away and dont help. It kind of reminds of a doctor putting a stethoscope to your chest and telling you to breath normal....

Even so...ONE set of prints ought to be enough...

going into the ccw process i was excited and hopeful, but over the course of the process i found the proceedure to be intrusive and somewhat degrading. while im thankful for the right to carry, i dont feel that i should have to be fingerprinted and investigated like a common criminal in order to exercise a right that i feel i am already entitled to as a citizen.

i was asked questions that have no relation in any way to my right to carry. i was fingerprinted, and had my picture taken in typical mug-shot style and i just dont see why this is necessary. at the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, i have to wonder if its done to assist "big brother" in rounding us up. at the very least, gun registration (and to make it worse, gun owner registration!) sets a dangerous precedence that im not comfortable with.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Well, keep in mind that "they" don't know you're the same guy who was fingerprinted before. Even photo ID's aren't reliable enough these days.

I've been fingerprinted several times for military security clearances, but the local SO doesn't know that I'm the same guy unless they also print me.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

New Member Array blackeagle 603's Avatar
    you wrote:
    "well i got finger printed today for my california ccw already pre approved by the sheriff..."

The real question is what magic you worked to get this close to permit in California? What county you in? What was personal circumstance was justification to have a basic of basic human right bequeathed on you?

Here in San Diego County it's nigh on impossible. Even when I was still a small time landlord collecting cash payments in a rough neighborhood, I had the proverbial snowballs chance in El Centro of getting a permit issued.

cheers,
    dw

orange county

orange county and my good cause was that i basically shoot alot and transport firearms on a regualr basis. Like i said before i am just a regualr guy i dont have any political associations. i think our sheriff is just pro gun.

Before I went down to get finger printed I asked my wife if she remembered anything in my past that I might have forgotten while in a drunkin stuper.

Thankfully, nothing has come back to haunt me so far.........

Time will tell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links