Saw My First Sign Today....

This is a discussion on Saw My First Sign Today.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It was already difficult day with the kids....then as we walked past the Tuesday Morning store, my 5 year old said, "Uh-oh Mom. This store ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saw My First Sign Today....

Saw My First Sign Today....

It was already difficult day with the kids....then as we walked past the Tuesday Morning store, my 5 year old said, "Uh-oh Mom. This store doesn't like firearms".
    And, sure enough, there it was, the scary sign with a crossed out gun, warning me, and inviting in the bad guys. My stomach sank. My daughter appeared equally disheartened.

Too bad....and it looked like they had such good stuff.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    It was already difficult day with the kids....then as we walked past the Tuesday Morning store, my 5 year old said, "Uh-oh Mom. This store doesn't like firearms".
    And, sure enough, there it was, the scary sign with a crossed out gun, warning me, and inviting in the bad guys. My stomach sank. My daughter appeared equally disheartened.

Too bad....and it looked like they had such good stuff.
    That right there is precious if you ask me, sad at the same time. Well, it won't be your last visual indication you're not welcomed. Hate to be the bearer of sad news.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    That's too bad. I've been looking for signs at various places I go now too. Some have them, some not.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Bless your daughters heart.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

I have been noticing signs too. Since I do not have my permit yet (waiting game now) I have been making note of the places we go regularly and checking for signs. (In NC you do have to honor signs)
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

Wow! Cute and sad. Hang in there.
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Tx requires the sign be in contrasting colors 1"high letters in english and spanish and has to recite texas 30.06 verbage word for word or it's no good,the gun buster signs aren't legally enforceable here
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Signs mean nothing in WA, but I don't see them anywhere

how do you know if you have to honor the signs or not?

me
    In PA the Sign means nothing. Most they can do is ask you to leave. But I understand the desire to let your money go elsewhere.

JSlack - It is a matter of knowing your state law and whether the state honors signs at all or will honor only one certain sign or any sign.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Does anyone know Louisiana's take on this subject?

Bless your daughter's heart for being aware and helpful.

May I suggest that you let the store know that it looked like they had good stuff and it was a shame you won't patronize them because of their postings. Be polite, of course, but let them know they lost a potential customer. If they are a chain let the regional and national offices know too. I am sure they lose more business from gun owners (and let's face it, we got money) than they do from frightened sheeple looking for a "safe" business. I have never heard of a single person calling a store and telling them they won't come in because they don't have the entrance posted.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

I think that you should have gone into that Tuesday Morning Store...bought a whole basket full of Tuesdays () and then asked about the sign. Then explain the 'no guns/no funds' rule...OMO

Stay armed...No Guns?/No Money!...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Actually bluedaisy, if the Tuesday Morning there in PA are like the ones here in VA, you didn't miss anything. They are clearance stores for merchandise other stores can't unload. That being said, the no gun sign sucks.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigiceman View Post

May I suggest that you let the store know that it looked like they had good stuff and it was a shame you won't patronize them because of their postings.
    That is exactly what I plan to do. I will google the store info and find out the regional/district manager, corporate as well as the manager for the local store, and write them a nice letter.

Oh, retsupt99....I wanted so badly to do that! I would have loaded up my cart with expensive stuff as well as stuff that's hard to fold/put away . That's so naughty...and of course I do have to set an example for the wee ones. However, if I had seen the sign after I had a car load of stuff, I would have done it. Same with walking out of the store with my goods. I would have marched right back in and returned every single item. No deal is too good to make me comprise my beliefs, and it's important to display and teach that to my kids.

So I really don't have to honor those signs? (with the exception of Federal buildings)
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links