Interesting Converstion with Town Chief Today...

This is a discussion on Interesting Converstion with Town Chief Today... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to the police station to turn in my application today. As the Chief was taking finger prints he casually asked if I planned ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Converstion with Town Chief Today...

Interesting Converstion with Town Chief Today...

I went to the police station to turn in my application today. As the Chief was taking finger prints he casually asked if I planned on carrying a gun for protection. I swallowed hard and somewhat nervously replied that yes at some point I might. (the hesitation being that I am not sure, not that I was TOO worried about him not believing in personal protection). He then launched into an almost lecture about how he believed in "the armed citizen"
    He quoted a few cases where having "normal citizens" being properly armed may have had a drastically more positive out come.

And I was nervous he wouldn't like people carrying guns....

Just before I left I asked about when I should expect to get my permit, and he explained that legally I would have it in 30 days, saying hopefully that would be the case, then asked if I needed it sooner...!!!!!!! Telling me he could put a rush on it if need be, if I was in a situation that I needed the personal protection sooner! I think I said something like... umm no thirty days should be fine, Thanks...

So a long story to say our towns chief is gun friendly!!!

~Krockett

2. Remove Ads

sounds like you have a pretty standup guy for a police chief. You're lucky, not many share his sentiment.
    welcome to the club, at least now you will have the option!
    -mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Bravo to you chief! You should never be afraid to exercise your Constitutional rights and proclaim them proudly to anyone who asks. If someone has a different opinion that is their problem. I also view it as a good opportunity to change a mind.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    The Chief seems like a good guy to me.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

And to think you're living in MA., very refreshing story.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    That's awesome! I feel like I don't hear too much about gun-friendlies in high positions like that...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Our Police and Sheriffs dept heads are into armed citizens. Why should they not be?

I have never met an officer Ive spoken to who had a problem with it.

It was our local Police Sargeant who taught our CWP class.

If the department is small enough you actually have a chance to meet command staff that are a lot closer to being "regular cops" than being politicians.

Sounds like a good guy. With budgets tightening the way the are you should do whatever you can ( speak out at town meetings etc.) to support him. His job is going to be getting a lot tougher in the very near future!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Krockett, I live out in Western Mass, your Chief is a lot like my home town Chief. I walked in with the wife to apply for her LTC, and he says "their goes the neighborhood", Then he encouraged her to carry full time and get as much training as possible.
    Glad to hear of your good experience, some towns in Mass your good to go!!
    An other great thing in Mass hardly any "No Weapons" signs.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Congratulations again for having a supportive police chief. Even here in Texas we have the occasional LEO in charge of a department or local force who believes the LEO community should have a monopoly on firearms.

May I also echo his sentiments about carrying. See my signiture line.

See this speech.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

You have a mighty fine PD Chief there...make sure you spread the word about him. Send him a short note of your appreciation for his support.
    Couldn't hurt...

Stay armed...soon...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You have a mighty fine PD Chief there...make sure you spread the word about him. Send him a short note of your appreciation for his support.
    Couldn't hurt...

Stay armed...soon...stay safe!
    Not a ass kiss note but a friendly note thank him for his time to do the prints. I would go out of my way for him and people like him.

sounds like you have a pretty standup guy for a police chief. You're lucky, not many share his sentiment.
    I've found it pretty much the opposite. Our Sheriff, C.O. P. and a lot of the deputies and street cops around my neck of the woods seem to have a good feeling about armed citizens. And there are a number of reasons:

1) We are fairly self sufficient
    2) We are not a threat to Law Enforcement - physically especially
    3) We support Law Enforcement
    4) We are more situationally aware of our surroundings and have no problem in identifying a potential crime and then calling it in
    5) We make good witnesses
    6) We make good traffic stops (minimal threats and problems)

I've found that I get a lot of support from local Law Enforcement for my 4-H Shooting Sports activities, and have even been invited to use the local range. I've been able to have the kids take tours of the SO, PO and Jail, which really opens their eyes. All in all, those of us who are active in carrying, teaching and in shooting sports are viewed as assets rather than liabilities. That being said, I've never been hesitant about contacting the Law Enforcement community when I wanted to have a "guest" instructor when I needed some help with instruction. But then I live in a small rural community, and that often has a lot to do with the "us and them" mentality.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Well unfortunatly for us in Wa, this state is getting bluer by the second. Several of my friends getting their permits have had critisisms shot at them for getting a ccw by the very person that is fingerprinting them.

we almost turned red a few years ago. Dino Rossi had won(repub) but there were 2 recounts and the last one had him lose by a tiny little margin.
    He was smashed in this last election of course(as were most republicans around here)

-mac
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

If I were you, he would have changed his mind and denied my permit right after I KISSED THE GUY.

But seriously, you've got a great Chief right there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links