Defensive Carry banner

Arkansas School Shooter Denied Concealed Weapon Permit After Applying Under Alias

3K views 31 replies 25 participants last post by  ntkb 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow, that is just about as over the top as I can imagine.

I guess the juvie convictions don't keep him from owning or possesing a firearm? If they did, wouldn't he have admitted to breaking that law by attending firearm classes.

#6 ·
I agree.
Last I heard that was a felony.

I agree again.
However, I would think that in this case it is because he was probably tried as a juvenile and when he turned 18 was out of the juvi system and into prison until 21 when he was set free. It doesn't say if it was a parole or a if his sentence ran out. But again, I agree.
He killed 5 people and wounded 10!!! and not only is he free, but as a convicted felon, what is he doing with a firearm in the first place let alone petitioning to carry it?!!!

#4 ·
If legal to do so and he broke any laws, I would hope the prosecutor goes after him.

#5 ·
Everyone who is safe enough to be on the street should be able to carry.

No WAY this guy should be on the street. He should have been tried as an adult.

#7 ·
So this is why we at Pistolcraft require a permit to purchase or carry permit of our potential students to show a background check has been performed on them.

#12 ·
He's out of jail because he committed his crime as a juvenile, and was so charged. It's normal for our justice system to let juvenile offenders out when they become adult. I'm not saying I agree with it.

He probably doesn't own any firearms. The article only says that he took firearms classes, where he probably rented guns at the range.

#22 ·
Of course.

Right here where I live, a 14 yo is going to be tried for 1st Degree Attempted Murder; he slashed a girl's throat in the HS (the girl's OK BTW). Assuming he's convicted, he'll get to be a big shot at some juvenile center until he turns 18 when he will then become the prom date of some 300lb BG in the real joint for the remainder of his sentence.

A footnote on the 14 yo slasher: Already he's telling the DA that he "just obeyed the voices in his head" telling him to do it.

#14 ·
IIRC the law is for convicted felon,I would assume that to mean convicted juvenile felon too,Also if he didn't think he was doing anything wrong why didn't he use his real name

#15 ·
This dirtbag hasn't' learned much about respect and honesty.
:hand1::banned:
His real rewards are still spinning around in the Cosmos...just like O.J.'s...this experienced killer will get his destiny fulfilled...eventually.

#27 ·
This guy used a false name because he is a scuzball.

A few years ago, he was in the statewide news for screwing up again.He and is buddy were caught. I dont remember exactly what the crime was, but it made the news here.
Right. He was arrested in Northwest Arkansas (Fayetteville, I think) for carrying a weapon and (I think) drugs. Don't remember, but I'm pretty sure he was charged and convicted with a new felony. If so, that by itself should be sufficient to deny.

#23 ·
I saw this on the news as well. Sort of dislike seeing the home state get this sort of publicity once again. I'm sure it has to be insignificant in the big picture. It does sadden me however, but I can't think of living anywhere else.

#30 ·
Gosh Rod, I'm glad that they discovered this and just weren't going thru the motions on issuing CCWs.

Every state has examples of falling thru the system. The 14 yo slasher I mentioned here in Colo was expelled from one school district w/the recommendation that he not be enrolled* anywhere else b/c he was dangerous.

*He wasn't enrolled at the HS where he slashed the girl's throat. He was supposed to be enrolling in an alternative program for explelled students the day he committed his act.

These are examples of youthfull career criminals and they exist everywhere. They are timebombs waiting to go off [again and again and again].

#24 ·
Throw Him in Jail!

Sadler said police investigators were examining whether criminal charges were warranted over the accuracy of the rejected application.
I should think so!

In 1998, Golden pulled a fire alarm at the middle School, drawing students and teachers into a hail of gunfire. Golden and Johnson killed English teacher Shannon Wright and students Natalie Brooks, 11; Paige Herring, 12; Stephanie Johnson, 12; and Britthney Varner, 11. They wounded 10 others.

Since his release from the juvenile court penalty, Johnson has been convicted and sentenced on new state and federal charges. But Golden had kept himself out of the notice of law enforcement.

Both Golden and Johnson are named in a civil suit filed on behalf of the victims' relatives to stop the two from profiting from the slayings. During a hearing last month over a deposition Golden is to give in the civil suit, his mother Pat Golden acknowledged he took a new name after his release from prison. She also said he now lives alone and attends a school, but did not offer any other personal details.

"Andrew Golden ceased to exist when he changed his name," Pat Golden said.
What? Who allowed that?:twak::twak::twak:

This just irritates the :banned::banned::banned: outta me!

#25 ·
Sadler said Golden has 10 days to appeal the rejection after he receives the denial letter, sent by certified mail. Sadler said police investigators were examining whether criminal charges were warranted over the accuracy of the rejected application.
Whats to examine, he falsified his application. Someone on here mentioned him using a false name on the application, but according to the story he had changed his name legally. Not sure about Arkansas permit application. Do they ask about having any alias's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.