Anyone w/ccw and a record.

This is a discussion on Anyone w/ccw and a record. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody been granted a ccw that has a misdemeanor possession of marijuana charge, if so what state are you from and what year is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anybody been granted a ccw that has a misdemeanor possession of marijuana charge, if so what state are you from and what year is the charge from????

Isn't there a big active thread on this topic already?
    Besides, if anyone actually did have a record and a CCW, do you think they would openly admit that on a public forum?

As a youth, I guess I was Fortunate to go to school in Ann Arbor. Back then, it was only a $5.00 fine. A parking ticket was $10.00

I sure hope you can get that off your record...

It's a shame to suffer because of simple pot possession
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Never caught, but after the service during my hiring process for the Sheriff's Office, they asked me if I'd ever used marijuana. Knowing there would be a lie detector test coming, I replied..."Of course, haven't you? I grew up in the '60's and went into the Army in 1972. Very few guys hadn't". I passed.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I laugh when I think of all the boozehounds that hand out judgement based on smoking grass. While I refrain from any such activity these days, I'll gladly extoll the violent behavior I've seen due to Budweiser versus the mad cookie runs I've seen at the local supermarket due to 'munchies'. For anyone that cares to listen, this involves stitches and heartache versus sleep and bellyache.

The average pothead is less of a threat than the average caterpillar. I say everyone should relax on this thread and offer some helpful advice. Anyone wanna' argue that? Take it up with someone else. I really don't care about how strongly you believe it is a gateway drug. Alcohol is worse, and it is legal. But that is where law deviates from real life.

NO midemeanor will prevent you from owning a firearm or a concealed carry license, especially if it has been dealt with in an appropriately responsible fashion in any state. Don't be misled by those with an agenda.

You're not a bad guy in my book if you have a beer, nor are you a bad guy if you blow a doob now and then. You're are a bad guy if you're doing something that hurts someone else...like driving afterwards. Or misleading your investors based on false information...wait...that is the job of the 'spotless' white collar dudes that somehow, get a free ride in our society. Thomas Jefferson didn't care about what his neighbor was smoking...why should I?

I tend to ride my motorcycle a bit too fast. I guess that makes me a lawbreaking hazard. Just like you.

A-n-t-i-d-i-s-e-s-t-a-b-l-i-s-h-m-e-n-t-a-r-i-a-n-i-s-m
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

I posted on another thread I have an expunged record for posession of marijuana and LSD,was found not guilty of posession of meth and paraphernalia,that was in 1991,I got probation and changed my life as I do 12 step programs today I been clean over 17 years,so yes I have a record and I have a CHL
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    One thing is certain... if you are at a ball game or a concert or a street party or some other large event, and someone is loud, obnoxious, and ready to cause trouble, is he drunk, or is he smokin' weed...?

Your witness...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

Does it count if you smoked, but didn't inhale?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I am sure you'll be fine. There may have been something similar that happened to a young guy 28 years ago. People do change.

Quote Originally Posted by mi2az View Post
    As a youth, I guess I was Fortunate to go to school in Ann Arbor. Back then, it was only a $5.00 fine. A parking ticket was $10.00. It's a shame to suffer because of simple pot possession
    There was a time when it was not considered simple. For example, when I was a youth, possession of any quantity carried up to a life sentence. Of course, the laws have been soften up substantially since that time, and pot possession has increased accordingly, while fines decreased likewise.

How many different threads are we going to post about this on?
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot Van View Post
    I laugh when I think of all the boozehounds that hand out judgement based on smoking grass. While I refrain from any such activity these days, I'll gladly extoll the violent behavior I've seen due to Budweiser versus the mad cookie runs I've seen at the local supermarket due to 'munchies'.

You're not a bad guy in my book if you have a beer, nor are you a bad guy if you blow a doob now and then.
    In my view, you are a bad guy if you have no respect for the law.

The average pothead is less of a threat than the average caterpillar. I say everyone should relax on this thread and offer some helpful advice. Anyone wanna' argue that?
    Yes. I will argue that you are the first to inject your personal feelings into the thread.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    He probably forgot about the other threads he started.

I just go ahead and apologize right now for my sense of humor.

To answer the question, yes, it can be done in any state. You have to follow procedure to get it done, and that varies from state to state. I actually know of a fella that has a robbery conviction who now has an Ohio CCW.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Landric View Post
    Depends on the size of his stash, heh!

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post

+1
    Keep your nose clean and you don't have to worry about what "pops up".

Of course we all still do, but it significantly lessens your chances if you're a law abiding citizen.

At any rate, hope things work out if you're clean now. If not, well...You'll forget you applied for your CCW (like you forgot you already posted this) in about 19 minutes...18...17....

"Hi, I'm Tom!" - 10 second Tom, from 50 First Dates
    [I]They make a desert and call it peace - Calgacus
    We're all just a bunch of Right Wing Racist Republican Homophobes - Rush L.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post

Yes. I will argue that you are the first to inject your personal feelings into the thread.
    If that is problem for you, I'll not apologize and suggest you simply stop reading. After all, this is an open forum. Is 'YOUR VIEW' better? I'll not repect ANYTHING simply because somebody tells me I should. There are plenty of stupid laws that I'd love to argue about, some that affect me, some that don't. For instance, it is 'against the law' for a man to drive a donkey-pulled cart down our main boulevard. It is also illegal for a woman to wear shorts in some communities. Antiquated, unaddressed old laws. Stupid! Where is my donkey?

If you're adhering to everything that King George told you that you must, you're not thinking. Remember, dissent was illegal under the Crown. In my mind, blindly following orders without evaluating them is the mindset of the dim and lacks courage. I'm very glad that the people who formed this Nation didn't think congruently with you. I notice your avatar includes the Constitution, and wonder if you've ever thought about how that was created.

It isn't quite so cut and dried for those of us that wish to engage the brain.
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links