She did good today.

She did good today.

This is a discussion on She did good today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well today was the day for the wife to take her CHL class. I did my renewal and left the class about 10 a.m. Probably ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She did good today.

Thumbs up She did good today.

Well today was the day for the wife to take her CHL class. I did my renewal and left the class about 10 a.m. Probably a good thing I left her on her own.

She completed her class, and did well, only missed 2 of the questions on the written test, and shot well. She wanted me to add up her score from her target but since there as a big hole in it I couldn't see all 50 shots. Apparently some of the guys there commented by saying, wow, your a pretty good shot to her. I think that made her feel pretty good.

When I went to picked her up, and asked her on the way home if she learned anything she replied, that she did but could list everything she learned. I asked her if she was ready to carry every day once she gets her license, her reply was well maybe not every day. This is great progress, and I am stoked.

So, hopefully in about 2 months she will be official. I am not worried about background check etc, since she has never even had a speeding ticket. Just time now.

Soon to have a pistol packin momma.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Congrats...to the pistol-packin' momma...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congrats to your wife. Know you are proud. I hope to be in your position one day next year...and be grinnin ear to ear when my wife gets her CWP.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    Congrats to your wife. Hopefully the wait won't be too long.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Fantastic,, Now, get her to talk it up to her friends!
    CCRIDER
    Kimber Compact CDP II, Sig 220 Carry Elite, Colt New Agent,

Sig Customer Service, Stinks!

"The more I know about people the more I like my dog."

Congrats, It sure is a comforting feeling knowing your wife when out and about is packing heat!!!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

That's great!

I'm hoping to nudge my wife in the similar direction.
    Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

VIP Member
    My wife isn't nearly into guns and CCW as I am, BUT she knows that she needs to CCW and she is diligent about it. Makes me feel a lot better.

Congratulations on your wife's progress.

Attached is a picture I like, it's not my wife, and in fact I wouldn't care about her wearing that statement, but the message is great nevertheless.
    Attached Images
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Congrats to you. It is very comforting going out knowing that there is at least one person that has your back if something goes down.

The other bonus for me is that my wife does not drink, so at my company's Christmas party last night, I was able to take advantage of the 4 hour open bar, and the wife was carrying my XD40SC in her clutch bag. On the way home we hit a traffic sobriety checkpoint, and we talked about how to handle things if the officer asked to see her license (no way to show it without exposing the pistol (very small bag)). He didn't, and CT has no disclosure law so we went about our merry way.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Congrats.

Maybe I could get your wife to talk with mine?? I could use some help in that department.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Smile

Congratulations to you both!

There is nothing quite like having your wife cover your 6, or vice versa. Very good!

She appreciates all the replies. She asked me this morning when she noticed I was on DC if I told everyone that she passed her class. I said yes, and asked if she wanted to read the thread. She did.

She has since bragged to some of our friends that she has passed the class as well. So far it is just to those that have their CHL or their husbands do.

Now comes holster shopping time. During the class yesterday the instructor apparently said something about holster etc, that the people will end up with several more than likely. Her response was that holsters for men were like shoes for women, they just seem to keep piling up. The instructor apparently agreed, and suggested that maybe an organized holster swap might not be a bad idea.

Here is a picture of her target. In Texas we shoot 50 rds, from distances of 9, 21 and 45 feet. Not too bad for only having that ugly black G19 for less than a month and with only a few hundred rounds through it before the class.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Attached is a picture I like, it's not my wife, and in fact I wouldn't care about her wearing that statement, but the message is great nevertheless.
    That pic was excellent!
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

That is GREAT!!! It's good to have another woman carrying!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links