Motivation To Carry, Have CCW, Must Carry.

This is a discussion on Motivation To Carry, Have CCW, Must Carry. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have this feeling / motovation. Now that you can legally CC, you feel obligated to CC, because you have the permit? There are many ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motivation To Carry, Have CCW, Must Carry.

Motivation To Carry, Have CCW, Must Carry.

Anyone have this feeling / motovation. Now that you can legally CC, you feel obligated to CC, because you have the permit?

There are many other reasons to carry, but I've learned one of the reasons I carry, is because I don't want to be caught with out the firearm.

When I come home, I take everything out of the pocket and put items like a wallet and keys in one or two places. But the cell phone is always in the same room (and always has since 1999, I was later then some in buying a cell phone).

Then it started when I aquired my CCW. Prior to the CCW, I had firearms loaded in the home, but not handy (in the bed room). Then once I got the permit, I now always have a firearm in the room I'm in. Sometimes locked up (but easy to aquire) but more often then not, on me.

Anyone else?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I owned a 38 revolver that sat up in my closet in a zipper case for probably 10 years without being fired. Now that I have my permit ( 2 years), I own 7 handguns and keep one on me even at home.
    I hate when I have to disarm to go in somewhere or go to Ill-annoy....

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    I remember when I first received my permit I used to be one of those "carry only when I think I need it people". Since I've been on this forum I've realized that I have an obligation to carry. I'm to the point where I feel weird when I have to disarm.
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

With exception of a 6 day trip to hell, er, Idaho for a training class, I have never left home without it, nor is it ever more than 5 feet from me at home if it is not on my person.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I got my permit to carry before buying my first gun. But my plan was from the start to carry whenever possible due to some personal "close calls". So far I pretty much stuck to that. I find some of the no-gun zone highly annoying (post office is probably my #1 issue as I can't avoid it and need to go there almost daily)
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

I carry in an out the house. Since I discovered concealed carry it's been hard to see the world in the way I saw it before. I'm responsible for the safety of my family and myself so I will always be armed. I hope I never need it but it sucks to not have the right tool for the job if needed.
    NRA Member

I find that I need to carry, do so when ever it is legal to do so. Now that I will be traveling this holiday, I would feel to vulnerable if I don't carry, especially at rest stops
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

I'm motivated to carry because of the 'world of crime' that we all move around in...not the fact that I have a weapon.

My sidearm is just a tool...I go few places without it.

Stay armed...a dangerous society requires it...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I carry because I have 5 children and a wife who depend on me. My wife carries as well.

Both of us are of the opinion that no scum bag is going to hurt our kids or take us away from them. We carry to protect our lives and the lives of our children.

I carry even at home. If the gun is not on my hip, I am either in the shower or in bed asleep, and if I am asleep, it is in the holster attached to the bed frame right where I can get it in less than a second.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I don't carry because I got my CHL. I got my CHL so that I could carry. So now that I have my CHL, I carry.

On Youtube, look up "Obligation to Carry" by NutNFancy. The guy gives a great talk on it.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Quote Originally Posted by NKMG19 View Post
    I carry in an out the house. Since I discovered concealed carry it's been hard to see the world in the way I saw it before. I'm responsible for the safety of my family and myself so I will always be armed. I hope I never need it but it sucks to not have the right tool for the job if needed.
    What bugs me the most now is that I can't be with my family all the time. My son is too young to get a permit and I'm not having much luck cracking my wife. I'm sure some BG would see my wife or kids as more of an opportunity than me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    Anyone have this feeling / motovation. Now that you can legally CC, you feel obligated to CC, because you have the permit?

There are many other reasons to carry, but I've learned one of the reasons I carry, is because I don't want to be caught with out the firearm.

When I come home, I take everything out of the pocket and put items like a wallet and keys in one or two places. But the cell phone is always in the same room (and always has since 1999, I was later then some in buying a cell phone).

Then it started when I aquired my CCW. Prior to the CCW, I had firearms loaded in the home, but not handy (in the bed room). Then once I got the permit, I now always have a firearm in the room I'm in. Sometimes locked up (but easy to aquire) but more often then not, on me.

Anyone else?

I don't feel it's an obligation, but it's a right that been deemed a privilege by our political system. That's another topic of discussion. Don't get me started on that now. Not happy with the current status.

I don't have the right to carry concealed in California. I have been told that I don't not show just cause and have been denied. I have family in Nevada, where I took my CCW training. I carry every time I go to Nevada. I also obtained my nonresident Utah and Florida permits. I had to get the Florida because I have family there too. They do not accept nonresident permits. Now, I can carry in most of the states. I travel a lot, so this works.

My brother carries everyday in Nevada. He is so used to it, he feels "naked" when he doesn't.

Carry all the time. Never feel it's an obligation. It's a right. I know a lot of guys who would trade places with you. Quite a few of them are leaving the Republik of Kalifornia.

Be safe!
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Needed It

On a recent camping trip of over 3 hours, my wife unplugged my radar detector to plug in her laptop to find a restaurant. Within 5 minutes I was being pulled over for 62 in a 55 mph zone!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    No. The sheer audacity, violence and lack of advance warning is motivation for me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links