CCW while pregnant - Page 2

CCW while pregnant

This is a discussion on CCW while pregnant within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jofrdo <snip> Belt holsters can be difficult for ladies. Their hips have more curves than men's, so pistol grips tend to not ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    <snip>
    Belt holsters can be difficult for ladies. Their hips have more curves than men's, so pistol grips tend to not hug the contours of the body as well, making them hard to conceal without wearing bulky clothing. Maternity clothes could work very well, however.

<snip>

Best for women's concealment are closed belt-mounted packs (fanny packs, PDA-like pouches) that conceal the gun in plain sight. A SmartCarry would also work well with loose fitting pants.
    Actually belt holsters work just fine for ladies...provided that they get a good holster, and a good belt. Those two pieces of gear are just as important for them as they are for us. But that hourglass shaped curve at the hip makes a great place to hide things.

My wife carries IWB nearly every day and has no trouble concealing. Right now she's carrying a Walther PPS which is, admittedly, a rather small pistol. Actually that's why she bought it, because she was concerned about her ability to conceal. Now that she's been carrying for six months or so, she's realized that concealment is much easier that she originally thought. She's thinking that she could very likely easily conceal my G23, and I'm betting that in another month or so her EDC Walther will be replaced by the Sig P250 that she just bought.

What Paco's wife really needs here are some opinions from women. Come on ladies, where are you? While Lima is often a great resource, she obviously has her hands full just now. She can't be the only woman on the board with pregnant carry experience. I'd be prodding my own wife to weigh in here, but we don't have any children. Paco, if you don't get the kinds of answers that you are looking for here, head over to Cornered Cat and send Kathy an e-mail. I'm sure she could help you out.

Brian

That's awesome..

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Yes, she has several videos on YouTube, as well as tons of posts here - in my opinion she is one of the "go to" people when it comes to women's carry concerns and also when it comes to shooting while pregnant advice. She knows her stuff, that's for sure!
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

Doesnt Lima have all this down?

Lima. Lima. Lima.

(Well, it worked for Beetlejuice)
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

The thread is just a touch over 4 years old. I don't know if Lima had kids yet when this was started....

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    The thread is just a touch over 4 years old. I don't know if Lima had kids yet when this was started....

Austin
    Ah, I mistakenly replied to an advertisement.

My bad.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Is that what it was? I thought maybe a new member....but then the "post title" does sort of sound like an ad. No link though. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. My wife carries with either a DeSantis Belly Band or one a Flashbang - I think either would work when she's pregnant, but she's hasn't carried pregnant yet.

Austin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links