Actions speak louder than words

This is a discussion on Actions speak louder than words within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not sure exactly where to post this, so if this is the wrong place, I would appreciate a little help and instruction from one ...

Thread: Actions speak louder than words

I'm not sure exactly where to post this, so if this is the wrong place, I would appreciate a little help and instruction from one of the moderators.

I am a 4-H Shooting Sports Instructor in Wood County, Ohio. Ohio has a very active 4-H Shooting Sports program; second only to Texas in number of participants. Our goal is not to turn kids into expert marksmen (although if that's a by product of the program, then we are proud to have had some degree of influence). The goal is to use shooting as a means to teach life skills - communications, responsibility, safety, awareness and so on.

We recently applied for an NRA grant for some air rifles and pistols, and are waiting to hear from them.

But the point of this post is give kudos and thanks to Midway USA. Our State Administrator received a note from Brenda Potterfield that they donate 10% of their pre-tax profits to youth shooting programs. Our program has been the recipient of a Battenfield Technologies Caldwell Shootin' Gallery. (). Since this is such a large forum and I'm sure many of you are involved in shooting sports, I thought it appropriate to post this and publicly thank MidwayUSA for their generosity .

I hope that it's ok to use this forum to display the fact that there are some companies which do more than just sell and pay lip service to those of us who embrace the shooting sports world.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Good on Midway USA. That's great.
    Sig Sauer P229 Elite imm Stainless - Click for pictures
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS II (SRT) 9mm with Crimson Trace Laser
    Sig Sauer Mosquito
    Spyderco Native(s)
    Surefire G2 LED Light
    ....I have the Signess.

Administrator
    They are a really fine company. They also sponsor some of the TV shooting shows and the gun-smithing tips and hints from Larry Potterfield are just great.

I also saw the TV tour of Midway USA - man~o~doggies do they ever have the inventory...I just sort went when I saw the place...and they run their business like a fine gold watch too.

They're just down the road in Columbia, MO. - a great company and a fine bunch of folks.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Good for Midway and good for you! When I worked with 4-H Shooting Sports, we found Federal and Winchester to be great supporters through the County Extension Service and almost all of the local gunsmiths would work on the kids guns for next to nothing- be sure to give them the opportunity to get involved. Thanks for posting this- another great reason to shop Midway.
    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.

I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

4-H Shooting Sports, we found Federal and Winchester
    Federal and Winchester both support us very well. As does Henry. Smith and Wesson just ran a promotion for Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports instructors that we could buy almost any handgun in their catalog for 50% off. It was a limited time offer, but wow!! We do get a lot of support from the local gunsmiths and shops. Our program is just getting off the ground, but things are moving very well. One of the things we are doing is having our 4-H Committee (of which I am a member), and some of the parents of the kids go through a typical club meeting and shooting experience. We are currently using air rifles, so can do it indoors. We will also invite our elected officials and our local LEO's to do the same thing.

As an aside, our US Representative (Bob Latta) is a 2A supporter and shoots competitively at Camp Perry in the CMP. Both of his daughters are in our 4-H program, and his oldest will be going through training this Spring as a Junior Leader for the program. Bob is a personal friend as well as a dedicated supporter.

4-H is one of the best ways to show that those of us who choose to shoot and to carry are not three headed monsters bent of destruction and anarchy. But it also helps to have the support of our elected officials.

And you can bet we will be buying as much stuff as possible from Midway.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    This is great stuff, good for you for being involved in something that benefits your community as well as the shooting community!

And great to hear about Midway, I just placed an order with them yesterday. I will have to make a specific effort to buy from them anytime I have a need for something they sell.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Need More

We should all write the others like CDNN and ask for thier support to the cause.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Sponsored Links