CCW at Paramount Theater in Denver?

This is a discussion on CCW at Paramount Theater in Denver? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought some advanced tickets to a show at the Paramount in Denver and read the fine print on the back after purchasing tickets. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCW at Paramount Theater in Denver?

CCW at Paramount Theater in Denver?

I bought some advanced tickets to a show at the Paramount in Denver and read the fine print on the back after purchasing tickets. It says something like the theater has every right to kick you out w/o refund if you break one of their rules. I checked their website and don't see a list of rules.

The tickets I bought are expensive and I'd rather not be shown the door and loose my money because someone has an anti- agenda. Also, I'm sure if I call and ask, I probably can't rely on what the person says at the other end of the phone. Does anyone have any experience with this place and CCW?

Thanks.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides...” (Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria)

2. Remove Ads

What does CO law say in regards to CCW at an establishment that charges addmission or sells alcohol?
    SAEPIUS EXERTUS-SEMPER FIDELIS-FRATER INFINITAS

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunden View Post
    What does CO law say in regards to CCW at an establishment that charges addmission or sells alcohol?
    There's no law here against carrying in establishments that serve liquor. I also haven't seen anything about places which charge addmission. Of course, I could be wrong, but the fact that I can go out and eat in a restaurant that happens to have a bar is one of the reasons I moved to this state (from IL).

-Jeff-

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    There's no law here against carrying in establishments that serve liquor. I also haven't seen anything about places which charge addmission. Of course, I could be wrong, but the fact that I can go out and eat in a restaurant that happens to have a bar is one of the reasons I moved to this state (from IL).

-Jeff-
    Is this the case with a permit for CCW or right to carry law?

Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunden View Post
    Is this the case with a permit for CCW or right to carry law?
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Here is Colorado law about CHPs:

A permit to carry a concealed handgun authorizes the permittee to carry a concealed handgun in
    all areas of the state except as specifically limited as follows:
    1. a person may not carry a concealed handgun into a place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by Federal Law,
    2. a person may not carry a concealed handgun on to the real property, or into any
    improvements erected thereon, of a public elementary, middle, junior high or high school,
    3. a person may not carry a concealed handgun into a public building at which security
    personnel and electronic weapons screening devices are permanently in place,
    4. a person may not carry a concealed handgun where a private property owner, private tenant, private employer or private business entity disallow.
    I apologize if that doesn't answer you're question, but like I said, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Unless they have metal detectors or a no weapons sign you can carry concealed there. Don't open carry in Denver. If your weapon is well concealed you will have no problem. Been there. done that.

Semper Fi

Ditto BkCo1. No weapons signage are meaningless unless you get caught, then they can ask you to remove or leave. If you refuse, you get a trespassing charge.

Metal detectors are also hazy. Must be fixed, permanent, and at all entrances to the facility, every person entering must go through.

A guy with a wand does not cut it, nor does just at the main entrance.

Concealed is concealed, keep it that way, enjoy the show, DO NOT GET ON RTD BUSES OR LIGHT RAIL!! That would be a felony.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    No weapons signage are meaningless unless you get caught, then they can ask you to remove or leave. If you refuse, you get a trespassing charge.
    Just by reading the law, it seems as though it's against the law to simply step foot on the property. If you have anything that says otherwise, can you please share? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm truly curious since I just recently moved here.

-Jeff-

P.S. - OP, I didn't mean to hijack your thread. In a way, I guess this is all somewhat relevant to the question though.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyBeefo View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Here is Colorado law about CHPs:

I apologize if that doesn't answer you're question, but like I said, I'm not quite sure what you mean.
    Pretty easy CCW laws to live with, my state is much more restrictive and specific as to where you can and cannot carry a handgun with a permit. It seems that carrying in that theater is lawful as far as other members here are claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by BkCo1 View Post
    Unless they have metal detectors or a no weapons sign you can carry concealed there.
    This is my question: Does the Paramount in Denver have metal detectors or a no weapons sign (or a no-weapons policy)?
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides...” (Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria)

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    DO NOT GET ON RTD BUSES OR LIGHT RAIL!! That would be a felony.
    Really? I did not know that. Why is that?
    Thanks.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeCalypso View Post
    Why is that?
    Actually it's arguable. Does "legal authority" mean LEO only or does it mean a recognized CCW permit, which obviously confers legal authority to carry a concealed loaded handgun? (No, I'm not going to be the one to find out in court.)

CRS 18-9-118. Firearms, explosives, or incendiary devices in facilities of public transportation.
    A person commits a class 6 felony if, without legal authority, he has any loaded firearm or explosive or incendiary device, as defined in section 9-7-103, C.R.S., in his possession in, or carries, brings, or causes to be carried or brought any of such items into, any facility of public transportation, as defined in section 18-9-115 (4).

I'm not a lawyer, but my reading of the following Colorado statute is that unless RTD or light rail is part of a federal enclave or has metal detectors/everyone screened/security personel at EVERY enterance, ect. this statute grants concealed carry with a permit on RTD/light rail.

From the Colorado Beueau of Investigation ccw info page (http://cbi.state.co.us/ccw/Statutes/18-12-214.asp):

(bold sections are my emphasis)

18-12-214. Authority granted by permit - carrying restrictions.
    (1) (a) A permit to carry a concealed handgun authorizes the permittee to carry a concealed handgun in all areas of the state, except as specifically limited in this section. A permit does not authorize the permittee to use a handgun in a manner that would violate a provision of state law. A local government does not have authority to adopt or enforce an ordinance or resolution that would conflict with any provision of this part 2.

(b) A peace officer may temporarily disarm a permittee, incident to a lawful stop of the permittee. The peace officer shall return the handgun to the permittee prior to discharging the permittee from the scene.

(2) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law.

(3) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun onto the real property, or into any improvements erected thereon, of a public elementary, middle, junior high, or high school; except that:

(a) A permittee may have a handgun on the real property of the public school so long as the handgun remains in his or her vehicle and, if the permittee is not in the vehicle, the handgun is in a compartment within the vehicle and the vehicle is locked.

(b) A permittee who is employed or retained by contract by a school district as a school security officer may carry a concealed handgun onto the real property, or into any improvement erected thereon, of a public elementary, middle, junior high, or high school while the permittee is on duty.

(c) A permittee may carry a concealed handgun on undeveloped real property owned by a school district that is used for hunting or other shooting sports.

(4) A permit issued pursuant to this part 2 does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a public building at which:

(a) Security personnel and electronic weapons screening devices are permanently in place at each entrance to the building;

(b) Security personnel electronically screen each person who enters the building to determine whether the person is carrying a weapon of any kind; and

(c) Security personnel require each person who is carrying a weapon of any kind to leave the weapon in possession of security personnel while the person is in the building.

(5) Nothing in this part 2 shall be construed to limit, restrict, or prohibit in any manner the existing rights of a private property owner, private tenant, private employer, or private business entity.

(6) The provisions of this section apply to temporary emergency permits issued pursuant to section 18-12-209.

Source: L. 2003: Entire part added, p. 647, § 1, effective May 17.

You are good to go...'armed' to the movies'. Keep it concealed!

You don't think for a moment, that a movie theater would have a metal detector do you? (Keys, money, belt, jewelry...must all come off to enter? )

Nothing I've read in the above posts suggests otherwise.

Stay armed...don't shoot the screen...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You don't think for a moment, that a movie theater would have a metal detector do you? (Keys, money, belt, jewelry...must all come off to enter? )
    This is not that type of theatre:

ParamountDenver.com

-Jeff-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links