Motorcycle Carry - Jacket w/"Built-In" Holster

This is a discussion on Motorcycle Carry - Jacket w/"Built-In" Holster within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I posted this question in another motorcycle thread, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...otorcycle.html , but didn't get any responses. Some of have mentioned carry in a jacket w/a "built-in" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Carry - Jacket w/"Built-In" Holster

Motorcycle Carry - Jacket w/"Built-In" Holster

I posted this question in another motorcycle thread, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...otorcycle.html, but didn't get any responses.

Some of have mentioned carry in a jacket w/a "built-in" holster for carrying on a motorcycle. Since I have to carry in a holster here, would a jacket w/a "built-in" holster qualify has a holster? I don't really wanna be the one to pay to set the case law for this!
    Gun control is not about the guns...It's about the control.

Current primary carry: M&P9C - Soon to be Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II

NRA Lifer

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Check your state laws. I'm not sure what you are asking - a holster is a holster. Do your laws state it has to be a holster on your belt?
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

Quote Originally Posted by Katoom View Post
    I posted this question in another motorcycle thread, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...otorcycle.html, but didn't get any responses.

Some of have mentioned carry in a jacket w/a "built-in" holster for carrying on a motorcycle. Since I have to carry in a holster here, would a jacket w/a "built-in" holster qualify has a holster? I don't really wanna be the one to pay to set the case law for this!
    Some vests and jackets have velcro strips to hold a holster. I would not want to just put a pistol into a pocket for a number of reasons...safety, obviously, but this gives the pistol a chance to tumble inside the pocket making drawing difficult.
    I carry Glock-36 on my Harley here in FL. I usually just have a 'wife-beater' on with an oversized T-shirt on over that...the gun stays well hidden in either a strong side/IWB or SOB/OWB...it's never seen.

Stay armed...enjoy the 'ride'...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you don't want it on your person and a jacket is the best choice for you, but still need it in a holster...
    Get a cheapo safariland or uncle mike's holster and affix it to the inside of your regular riding jacket. Sew in a uncle mikes, or just slide in a safariland paddle to your inside pocket.

I prefer to keep mine in my galco IWB at all times. Bike or no bike, I know where it is, and there is no confusion should I need to take it out.
    I wouldn't want to have it as the impact point in a crash, but chances are just that... chances.

Lead Moderator
    REMINDER, keep it on topic to OP's question. I have removed those posts not relating to the original topic.
    I think you need to research your states laws and possibly carry as eatatjoz suggested. If in doubt , use a cheap holster to contain your pistol , while inside the concealed pocket.
    Another option could be to use a pocket holster.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

VIP Member
    SIG-TAC makes a jacket that I'd use on a bike. Just put a nylon holster under the elastic strap!

SIG Store
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

In cold weather, I carry it in the inside pocket of my jacket with a pocket holster. On warm days, iwb.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Wow...seems like every few weeks a thread on motorcycle carry. I suggest searching...

Rick

I did search and the posts I found are about how you like to carry. My question is specific to a jacket w/an integrated holster.
    My state requires the loaded handgun be in a holster secured on the person. (i.e. pocket carry requires a pocket holster).
    I agree I would not like to carry in just a pocket anyway for the same reasons mentioned.
    Gun control is not about the guns...It's about the control.

Current primary carry: M&P9C - Soon to be Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II

NRA Lifer

Alot of them have a holster in them. It's a nylon holster that the velcro straps stick to..... so you can place it how you want it. You can also use one that has the 'grips' on the side of the holster... like some pocket holsters have... so the holster stays when you pull the gun.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Then specifically Katoom...based on carry on the person...seems you need a pocket. I carry in a built-in pocket large enough for a holster inside a vest (real bikers wear vests). Seems pretty simple.

Rick

I have a leather vest from Coronado Leather that is designed for concealed carry. They have it available in brown or black. It has a designated holster with velcro strap to secure the weapon inside the vest. There is one on each side of the vest.

I have carried a full size 1911, S&W 40 cal, and XD45C in this vest. When I ride I carry the weapon in the left side and a double magazine holder in the right side.

Good luck in your search for a solution

Administrator
    Have you looked at the jackets being sold by one of our newest sponsors? Licensed2Carry.com?
    I would imagine that a jacket specifically constructed to securely carry a firearm would be considered to be a properly secured firearm on your person.

I ride and carry regularly. Bought a reasonably priced leather carry vest that has a concealed pouch/pocket on the inside chest area of each side of the vest. Then I use Uncle Mikes inside the pants holsters on each side to hold a G36 on one side and a Kimber Tactical Ultra II on the other side. That should meet the requirements of a "holster" plus it keeps the trigger safe while allowing for an easy draw. You sure don't need to be fighting your holster while riding if you need to draw.
    SE Texas Patriot Guard Rider, NRA Patron, TSRA Life Member

If the manufacture says it is a holster, it is a holster.
    Unless your state defines a holster you are good to go.
    Don't get too many bugs in your teeth.

Semper Fi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links