Need some opinions....

This is a discussion on Need some opinions.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I am confident that anybody finding them kinds of magazines would not help you any if you ended up in a court case.!!! I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some opinions....

Well, I am confident that anybody finding them kinds of magazines would not help you any if you ended up in a court case.!!! I think we all can agree on that!!!!!
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

2. Remove Ads

Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    Thanks for the input, not to get off topic here, but Manson never killed anybody with his own hands. His followers all have their own minds and they all knew exactly what they were doing. If you tell a perfectly sane person to go jump off a bridge and they do, does that make it your fault? Charlie's a bit strange but he's not a murderer. The media made people think he's a monster because they couldn't believe that these innocent looking young girls who came from good families were capable of such a horrific crime.

Now I'm way off topic, but you guys know damn well that the media makes sheeple think whatever they want them to whether were talking about 2a issues or Charles Manson. Get the facts, its just like gun issues, they want people to think a certain way about something and they'll tell whatever lies they have to.
    You say Manson couldn't make sane people do or think what he wanted to, then you turn around and say the media can make millions and millions of people think anything that they tell them.

Lets keep it Friendly

Welcome

Dog
    Sorry about that. I removed that part of the post.

Thanks for the welcome. I have been lurking awhile, didn't realize I have never posted here lol.

Not a problem Make sure ya swing over to the new members part and introduce your self

Administrator

Free Charles Manson?

Well, if you have ever seen the actual interviews of Manson then you'll know that the guy is a bit more than just strange.
    And BTW it was a combination of mind altering drugs & brainwash that caused those folks to kill. They were indoctrinated.
    It WAS a cult group & Manson was the leader of that cult & his disjointed & brainwashed cult followers did his bidding.

His admitted intention was to start a Catastrophic Mother Of All Race Wars by causing Caucasian U. S. Citizens to believe that Black People were responsible for the horrific murders of White People committed by his cult followers.
    That was his plan.

And the Swastika tattooed in the middle of his forehead does not help his case very much either.

Like it or not a jury WILL inevitably Judge You by how you look.
    Don't think that's FAIR? It sure isn't fair.
    But, they will no matter if you think it's fair or not.
    Life is not fair...it never was & it never will be.
    So...now (after reading this) you KNOW in advance that you WILL likely be judged by whatever it is you're wearing at the time you are involved in a Self Defense shooting.
    You fatal Self Defense shooting is initially ALWAYS considered to be a Homicide until it is PROVED...by the evidence not to be a Homicide. That's another Real World Reality.
    You WILL be photographed by the Police especially if you just happen to be wearing a Free Charles Manson T~Shirt.
    Your lawyer can argue all day long about how nobody should pay any attention to your Free Charles Manson T~Shirt & that shirt will STILL Bite Your A$$ regardless.
    It sure will.
    Should you be allowed to wear a Free Charles Manson T~Shirt while you are involved in a Justified Self~Defense Shooting? Absolutely.
    Will it hurt your case? Absolutely.
    Is that FAIR???? Absolutely Not.
    Will it hurt you Big Time anyway? Absolutely, it will hurt you. Absolutely it will do NOTHING to help you.
    Like it or not...that's the reality of the situation.
    They will dig up photos of Manson sporting his forehead swastika.
    And then a morgue & murder scene photo of that pregnant woman stabbed in the stomach.
    And follow it right up with a photo of you in your Free Manson T~Shirt.
    At least that's what I would do if I was a lawyer & I wanted to nail your a$$ to the courtroom wall.
    So now you need to decide in advance if you are willing to be a courtroom test case for Freedom Of Warped Expression...or not.
    Ultimately that decision is (of course) yours & yours alone to make.

No "message" shirts, no facial hair, non-descript cars & trucks, no bumper stickers, "no nothing" that my clients might object too or anyone might notice. Two goals: income and client preservation AND anonymity. Anonymity is the primary goal here, not self-effacement, but I do like to "lay low" and I prefer that no one in the community I live in knows anything about me. Nothing. Not job, career, income, assets, lifestyle, ANYTHING. The less, the better. This excludes a very few close friends.

Anything that outwardly appears contrary to the above does not work for me.

Whether this helps in a "matter" with a firearm is unknown. Just IMHO the best answer for me and my wife.

You can always shave the beard

Otis, I hope youre paying close attention to what these guys are trying to tell you here. There is lots of experience here trying to give you real world advice. There are many really good reasons that people appear and act more conservative as they get wiser with age.
    Fair doesnt matter.
    You better pray I dont jam, because my backup is a ball peen hammer.

Lead Moderator
    Otis, wear your other shirt"I mixed cool aid for Jimmy Jones" J?K , but , you might not want to wear any slogans or stuff that mught alienate you from the typical juror.

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Well, Charlie dominated those people in much the same way you claim the media dominates the thinking of the general populace. If the media is to be condemned for it, so is Charlie.

You bring up an interesting point. It is true Charle never killed anyone himself. It's also true that he conditioned his followers with the full intent of causing people to die. I'm not sure what California law said then, but today he'd definitely be guilty of at least Murder in the Second Degree.

Thanks for the input, not to get off topic here, but Manson never killed anybody with his own hands. His followers all have their own minds and they all knew exactly what they were doing. If you tell a perfectly sane person to go jump off a bridge and they do, does that make it your fault? Charlie's a bit strange but he's not a murderer. The media made people think he's a monster because they couldn't believe that these innocent looking young girls who came from good families were capable of such a horrific crime.

Now I'm way off topic, but you guys know damn well that the media makes sheeple think whatever they want them to whether were talking about 2a issues or Charles Manson. Get the facts, its just like gun issues, they want people to think a certain way about something and they'll tell whatever lies they have to.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Manson never killed anybody with his own hands.
    neither did hitler. neither did john gotti. i guess theyre nice guys too.

Charlie's a bit strange but he's not a murderer.
    .....amazing.

1952 - 2006
    In front of the police or a jury of your peers you are going to look as fruity as Charlie himself.

I lived in LA when the Tate-LaBianca murders happened, if it was up to me Charlie would have gone down the long green mile.

If you wear this stuff and have a housefull of it and you carry a gun, you are asking for a boatload of trouble.

Nothing personal at you Otis, just my .02 worth.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    ... a combination of mind altering drugs & brainwash that caused those folks to kill. They were indoctrinated.
    It WAS a cult group & Manson was the leader of that cult & his disjointed & brainwashed cult followers did his bidding.
    Combatting Cult Mind Control gives a pretty thorough first read for anyone interested in or affected by cult like dynamics.

As per the main part of the thread. Perception is more real than reality itself.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    I dont think the magazines will look bad. I am a Criminal Justice student, and have lots of books and magazines about murderes, sex offenders, and other psychos. I dont see how what people read can be held against them in court.

Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links