Need some opinions.... - Page 3

Need some opinions....

This is a discussion on Need some opinions.... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I go to the woods to hunt, I wear clothing that helps conceal me from the game. When I carry, I wear clothing to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need some opinions....

Smile Perception & Concealment

When I go to the woods to hunt, I wear clothing that helps conceal me from the game. When I carry, I wear clothing to conceal the weapon and to blend in or to be unnoticed by others. Just part of the mindset when CCWing IMHO...

Perception: if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...most people will think it's a duck. Dress accordingly...

Best,

Fred
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

One other little thought:

Draw and shoot, even in the most justified scenario, with a Manson shirt, and look either "too" clean-cut, or grunge-ball, and the responding officers may grossly misinterprept what they come upon.......

Quote Originally Posted by BCurry1
    I dont think the magazines will look bad. I am a Criminal Justice student, and have lots of books and magazines about murderes, sex offenders, and other psychos. I dont see how what people read can be held against them in court.

Ben
    But your purpose is clearly defined for that material. You have, as I put it, a self concept to explain it to yourself and others.

What exactly Otis hopes to accomplish with his pursuit is none of my business, but like it or not we all have to be ready to explain ourselves. Maybe that's wrong, but that's how it is.

My opinion on the original question: particularly given your expressed (and published) opinion on Manson's innocence, yes, it looks bad. You should be prepared to explain your collection and the thoughts you choose to wear on your sleeve.

My opinion regarding Manson: he may not have killed with his own hands, but he directed his followers to brutal and horrific action. A leader is as responsible for the actions of his followers as if they were his own, shares equal blame, and as the leader deserves the greater portion of the consequences because he was the one in control.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

I have no desire to make excuses for any of Manson's degenerate activities. Furthermore, I would take great offense to the sight of another individual carrying a firearm while wearing a Manson shirt. I have a very, very dry sense of humor, but such a public display would be in extremely poor taste to most anyone, particularly those more sensitive individuals.

After all the work gun owners have accomplished to legalize and promote concealed carry, it would be a terrible shame to lose ground because we acted foolishly in front of the voting public. Not to mention that Manson is a piece of human trash and should not be idolized in any form.
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Proud member NRA, GOA, VCDL

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72
    One other little thought:

Draw and shoot, even in the most justified scenario, with a Manson shirt, and look either "too" clean-cut, or grunge-ball, and the responding officers may grossly misinterprept what they come upon.......
    I have to ask: what is "too" clean-cut? No joke, I bear a strong resemblance to Clark Kent in the early Superman movies. I don't walk around in a pressed suit, but I make great efforts to remain and look clean, upstanding, and trustworthy. Is there such a time when that's a bad thing? I don't see how, but I'm interested in opinions.
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Proud member NRA, GOA, VCDL

Administrator
    Perception counts for a LOT. It Sure Does.

Well, technically there is absolutely nothing wrong with a person having the following individual items in the trunk of their car ~ one or two or maybe even a few of these items.

A Roll of Duct Tape
    A Shovel
    A Ski Mask
    A nylon stocking
    A bag of Lime
    5 Extra Large "Lawn & Leaf" Bags
    Some Rope
    A hatchet & a hacksaw
    A Hunting Knife
    A Large Screwdriver
    A Stun Gun
    A can of Starting Fluid (Ether)
    Rubber Gloves
    Some extra long electricians wire ties ( like Flex Cuffs)

All are decently innocent common items by themselves.
    Put them all in one "duffle bag" & let any LEO spot the contents of that bag while he is helping you change your flat tire...and tell me that Police Officer is going to let a person just pull away...without asking them some MIGHTY SERIOUS QUESTIONS. I would HOPE that any LEO would Find SOME Reason ANY Reason to detain that individual.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Perception counts for a LOT. It Sure Does.

Well, technically there is absolutely nothing wrong with a person having the following individual items in the trunk of their car ~ one or two or maybe even a few of these items.

A Roll of Duct Tape
    A Shovel
    A Ski Mask

A nylon stocking
    A bag of Lime
    5 Extra Large "Lawn & Leaf" Bags
    Some Rope
    A hatchet & a hacksaw
    A Hunting Knife
    A Large Screwdriver

A Stun Gun
    A can of Starting Fluid (Ether)
    Rubber Gloves
    Some extra long electricians wire ties ( like Flex Cuffs)

You forgot the prophylactics.

All the items I have highlighted in bold I actually have ready to go in my truck at any given time.

I have mst of that stuff in my work van too except a few things it would look even worse for me

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Aught Six
    I have to ask: what is "too" clean-cut? No joke, I bear a strong resemblance to Clark Kent in the early Superman movies. I don't walk around in a pressed suit, but I make great efforts to remain and look clean, upstanding, and trustworthy. Is there such a time when that's a bad thing? I don't see how, but I'm interested in opinions.
    I would be interested in a clarification on "too clean cut" myself. I don't really believe you can be. If we're talking about one extreme or the other making you more "interesting" to police, I disagree. When I was on the street as a police officer, a clean cut guy would get a glance, someone clearly not clean cut would get more attention, someone carrying a gun with a "Free Manson" Tshirt would get much more attention. You are very much perceived as "you are how you present yourself", similar to the "you are what you eat" mantra in the 60's. Like Aught Six, I hope you don't someday undo what responsible gun owners have fought so hard for.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Lead Moderator
    Never saw anyone too "clean cut". Bumper is right , most of the grungy or dirty folks would get more than a glance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links