Pulled a good one today! - Page 2

Pulled a good one today!

This is a discussion on Pulled a good one today! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Alli can add is "unbelievable". my wife carrying a gun....unfortunately not likely without the occurence of a "life changing event". although she does help me ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pulled a good one today!

Alli can add is "unbelievable".
    my wife carrying a gun....unfortunately not likely without the occurence of a "life changing event". although she does help me watch for the occassional "no guns" signs when we are out together.
    interesting the thread started out with an H&R 32 revo though. that was my first carry piece. it lasted a few months til i upped to a 38 snub then to the 1911 micro.

madmike, if its not too forward how old are you and yer wife?
    i am 40 and my wife is 36. (just for comparisons sake on gun attitudes among women of, maybe, similar ages.)
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

My wife wants nothing to do with guns. Since I always carry, she just doesn't say anything about them. I do have my 11 and 13 year old daughters shooting the air pistol with me in the back yard. I plan to have them using a .22 in the near future.

MadMike..Brilliant.
    "May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent

Sounds great, except that she should have sprung for a 1911. JK, don't let her get away (don't make her mad either). :)
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

That's a rare woman! It's great to hear that both of you are having such a good time. Keep at it and stay safe!
    SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Proud member NRA, GOA, VCDL

Good for both of you!

That G26 is a nice piece. A buddy of mine offered to let me shoot his a while back. I wasn't really interested, but didn't want to offend him. Well, I'm glad I accepted the offer. I LIKE that gun! I thought it would be unpleasant to shoot, but it is very controllable, especially considering how short the grip is.

I'm glad you and your wife are in this together. "An armed marriage is a polite marriage," or something like that!

SSKC

I had a similar experience with my wife. She has up until about Jan of last year never held a gun much less shoot one. When I got my G21 I thought she should at least fire a few rounds just in case. I took her to a local range, and as we where departing she said "I what one." I was floored!!! So we spent the next month or so trying different guns till she settled on a HK USP compact 9mm.

The range has become a frequent family activity. As a friend of my says gun powder therapy.

After she got her gun, a basic pistol course was next up, so she would be safe as well as get her CCW.

I am very luckey.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Yes, mine is going to take the basic CCW course next week. She's also decided we need to join the local range's "club," so we can shoot more often, for less.

I was truely surprised when she shot her old .32 then picked up my G23 (.40) and had no real problem with the recoil & noise difference!

Got to say, her G26 is a pleasure to shoot and I found it to be surprisingly accurate. With apologies to Herr Glock, I guess my expectations were too low. I used to own a Tarus PT-99M, and I liked her G26 better.

I'm still waiting for my carry permit, and she's getting ready to apply for hers.

Guess I'm going to have to figure another way to get a BUG, no way is it going to be that particular G26. . .

She's really getting "into" this! She just went out and bought some new "cover" shirts for me.

I just knew my Karma would catch up to me, someday!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

SOLOLUCKY,

To your question, I'm turning 54 this month, she's. . . well, I guess it would be safe to say, on the down-hill side of 40.

Come to think of it, the way she shoots, maybe it wouldn't be so "safe to say."

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Sounds like a great time Mike! Tell your wife "Congrats!" on her new Glock! Shooting is a great family event and it is just so much nicer when you can share it with them! Even better, the CCW idea is a no-brainer. Make sure she goes all the way and gets her permit. It's her right to carry and protect herself and I'm glad to hear that she has decided to look into it!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

I had the same experience with my wife a few years ago! After the first trip to the range she realized the importance of her natural ability and started off with my Goverment Colt .380 because of the Cute factor but has sense come around after getting her CCW to a Lady S&W!!! I feel much better knowing she can shoot and will! So congrats and I hope you feel better knowing she's can rock with that baby Glock!!!
    BBFROMSC
    "You don't shoot to kill; You shoot to stay alive"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links