Got made at work

Got made at work

This is a discussion on Got made at work within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I work as an EMT in an industrial setting. I was wearing jeans and a polo shirt yesterday. I walked by 2 of my supervisors ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got made at work

Got made at work

I work as an EMT in an industrial setting. I was wearing jeans and a polo shirt yesterday. I walked by 2 of my supervisors and one says, "What you packin?" while grinning. Of course I had my Sig P-226 and spare mag in my Smart Carry and I said, "Nothing, why do you ask?". "What you got in your pants?", one asked while smiling. I said "My man Gun . . . ." He says, "Ain't nobodys that big". He went on to say, "Seriously, though, are you packin?". And I said no. He explained that just so I know CCWing is prohibited in the worksite bylaws and he left it at that. I guess the barrel of my Sig might have bulged near the inseam of my jeans and one of the 2 guys noticed. One of the guys who talked to me is ex USAF-EOD and is one of the most observant guys on the face of the planet. Neither one asked me anything else, because I'm sure they know they can't prove I'm carrying. They can't tell me to take my pants down or anything like that so . . . . What would you do in my situation? I believe it is my right to carry, worksite bylaws be damned.
    Last edited by pgrass101; December 24th, 2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Rmoved language work arounds
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

You need to ask yourself which is more important to you. Your right to carry or your job.

Depends if you want to continue working there. Sounds like your supervisor may be resourcefull as well and may find a way to get you to reveal if you are "packing".

I would not worry about it personally. I think the Smart Carry is probably your best way to conceal and the hardest for them to "find" or make you reveal.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Well if everything works out, I start nursing school in April so I don't have much time left @ my job. Both the sup's are good guys, gun owners, etc, etc. I think they were asking more to see if they got a rise outta me or if I admitted then anything. They already covered their bums by asking. I think that's what they were concerned about. Bottom line is, I want a smaller gun, either a Sig P-250 or a Kahr CW-9 and a appropriately sized SmartCarry to go along with it.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

I would of half joking with they Reply" If you guys have nothing better to do then check out my package I may have to run off to HR and file a sexual harrasment claim. Now get back to work and stop looking at my junk.

Hahaha!! Nice Hitch King, very nice. Wish I was as quick with my words as you! I noticed you're in Long Island. My mom was born there. She lived in Uniondale. Is that near to you?
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

Good for you. Are you sure your shirt wasn't riding up? I'm noticing here on vacation that my shirt is riding up now and then, so I have to keep plopping it back over the grip.
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

I think that might have had something to do with it, because the grip of my Sig prints through jeans a lil bit. I guess I'll just have to be more vigilant of the location of my cover garments.
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Only 4 mos to go...I'd lay low. Getting fired on a background check for breaking company rules and the reason will more than likely make it very hard to find a job.

Rick

Whew! That one wouldve got my heart goin!

Good advice as well!

Ya. I'm just gonna chill, make sure that I'm not printing, and go about my daily life. Thanks for all the advice y'all.
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

Only you can make the judgment call, but since you said both your sup'rs are gun owners etc. you might get away with it. However like bandit said,
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Get fired on a background check for breaking company rules and the reason will more than likely make it very hard to find a job.
    It sounds like you need to get a smaller "package" that's more concealable if you want to continue to carry on the job. I've had the same problem as the grip of my XD prints quite often through my work shirt.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

Yep, it's the grip that can give you away. Your super must have known about CC and different carry methods, 10 to 1 he has a SmartCarry in his holster drawer. Baggy-er pants with pleats if possible helps and definantley go with a smaller weapon.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Quote Originally Posted by NickEMT View Post
    Hahaha!! Nice Hitch King, very nice. Wish I was as quick with my words as you! I noticed you're in Long Island. My mom was born there. She lived in Uniondale. Is that near to you?
    Plainview about 15 minutes.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    In tough economic times you stand alone in such a brave decision. Not many would care to take that chance. Godspeed and good luck.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links