Today I carried my G21SF and Wow, what a difference...

This is a discussion on Today I carried my G21SF and Wow, what a difference... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; MY EDC ys a G30SF which after some trial and error, I am carrying in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 3:30. I feel the Crossbreed is ...

Thread: Today I carried my G21SF and Wow, what a difference...

Today I carried my G21SF and Wow, what a difference...

MY EDC ys a G30SF which after some trial and error, I am carrying in a Crossbreed Supertuck at 3:30. I feel the Crossbreed is way more comfortable that the all-kydex holsters I have bought previously so I am very happy with this setup.
    Today I had to do a couple of quick errands and since the Supertuck also fits my G21SF I carried it. Wow, the difference in size when CCing is huge. It didn't feel ok when driving or sitting. I really like my 21Sf and would like to carry int from time to time. Any advice from those of you who carry full sized guns IWB?

2. Remove Ads

Hate to ask personal questions, but how large are you? I am only 5-10 and 150, so carrying a full frame handgun IWB for me is difficult, to say the least. I usually carry my full sizes OWB in a leather holster, which holds the weapon tight to the body. As far as IWB goes, it sounds like you have a great holster to work with, but maybe the weapon to body size is just too disproportionate? Also, what position are you carrying in? A 4:30-5:00 position seems to work better for the large frame autos in my experience. Sorry I couldn't help more!
    EVIL PREVAILS WHEN GOOD MEN FAIL TO ACT.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I carry a full-size 1911. One day I got invited to try carrying a Glock 21SF and had no problem concealing it. I'm not a big guy. Were I to buy another full-size carry gun, that would be it.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I carried a Glock 21 for almost a year in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II.It wasn't as easy to conceal as my 1911.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Errands on Christmas? What is open?

I think 3:30 is the wrong place to be carrying a full sized gun. I carry a 5" 1911 daily and it is at 2:45 or so. My holster (Garrity Incognito) has an 18 degree cant. The muzzle goes back when I sit down in the car - but not too far. If I wore my gun further back I would be sitting on the muzzle. If you wear your gun back at 4:30 or 5:00 you'll be leaning on it - not uncomfortable really, but slower. That's my two cents!

Austin

I'm 6'2 and weight about 195 lbs. The only way I have been able to conceal the 21 is at 5:30 on an Infidel holster from Comptac. However, this position is not easy to drive with....

The errand was to put up a couple of signs in a property for sale....

I really tried to like the G21SF, but it's just too bulky. I easily carry a full-size 1911 though. I finally sold it.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Full size is easier for me either OWB at 3 or in the 4-5:00 IWB and I remove it when driving (it would be really difficult to draw from that far back when sitting belted in anyway).
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Carry a full size M&P 45 all day long in the Crossbreed at about 4:30 or 5... I'm only 5'8 and 165...

It works, just takes getting used to. I went from a Glock 23, so it took a little while, but I love the full size 45..

Jonathan

I carried a G21 for two winter seasons OWB of course. It's was quite a chunk and that's a fact. Nice to think of the 13+1 in 45acp, but it didn't work well for me, and I've sought greener pastures. The G30 didn't seem to meet my criteria either and I may be paying for that in the long run, but it is what it is. I can't knock Glock for anything, and I've never tried an SF model. They just weren't there at the right time for me I'd guess. Gone back to single stack in the 45 again. To each his own...just remember the big picture.

VIP Member
    I can carry my full size HK 45 in a Predator SO-2 tuckable IWB
    note I said...I can....I usually don't, I usually carry G30 or my G17 now, but with the right holster, cover garment, and depending on your body shape it is possible to carry an HK or G21
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links