This is a discussion on Moving within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Moving from Florida to Georgia any one here know what I have to do to keep my ccw in effect I can't seem to find ...

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Moving

  1. #1
    Member Array flor1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008


    Moving from Florida to Georgia any one here know what I have to do to keep my ccw in effect I can't seem to find any info on line checked both states Web sites. Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Since GA requires you to be a citizen of the state to apply for a GA permit, your best bet is probably going to be seeing if your FL permit can be converted to a non resident permit. Then once you have established your GA residency apply for their license.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  3. #3
    Member Array gunshrink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Rochester, MN


    According to USA Carry, GA honors the FL permit - Think you could temporatly ride through with that until you get your GA permit.

    And once you get your GA permit you can go back to FL since they honor resident permit from there.

    Florida Concealed Carry Permit Information - USA Carry

  4. Remove Advertisements

  5. #4
    VIP Member
    Array deadeye111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Florida doesn't distinguish between Resident and Non-Resident permits. This is a link to the Florida site.

    Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

    This is the link for change of addresses:
    Change of Address - Division of Licensing, DOACS

    Changes of Address
    Submit address changes online
    790.06(8) requires you to notify the Division of Licensing in writing within 30 days after your address changes. You may continue to carry your current license. If, however, you would like a revised license reflecting the new address, please submit $15 paid by check or money order made payable to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and a 'passport-type' color photograph with your written notification.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array rmodel65's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    my house
    GA doesn't honor non resident permits by residents, technically you will be SOL. i got my GFL in about 13 days applying the 1st time.
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Moving to CA?
    By Avenger in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: June 13th, 2009, 08:30 PM
  2. (Important Pro-Gun Bill Moving Forward in Arizona!) AZ moving in the right direction
    By mi2az in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 9th, 2009, 01:04 AM
  3. Moving and CCW
    By ErikGr7 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 21st, 2009, 09:14 AM
  4. Moving to IL, maybe...
    By Kerbouchard in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: January 18th, 2009, 04:22 PM
  5. So we are moving
    By Pro2A in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 30th, 2008, 02:50 AM