Defensive Carry banner

Moving

909 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  rmodel65 
#1 ·
Moving from Florida to Georgia any one here know what I have to do to keep my ccw in effect I can't seem to find any info on line checked both states Web sites. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
Since GA requires you to be a citizen of the state to apply for a GA permit, your best bet is probably going to be seeing if your FL permit can be converted to a non resident permit. Then once you have established your GA residency apply for their license.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Florida doesn't distinguish between Resident and Non-Resident permits. This is a link to the Florida site.

Concealed Weapons or Firearm Program - Division of Licensing, FDACS

This is the link for change of addresses:
Change of Address - Division of Licensing, DOACS

Changes of Address
ADDRESS CHANGE - 790.06/CONCEALED WEAPONS
Submit address changes online
790.06(8) requires you to notify the Division of Licensing in writing within 30 days after your address changes. You may continue to carry your current license. If, however, you would like a revised license reflecting the new address, please submit $15 paid by check or money order made payable to the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and a 'passport-type' color photograph with your written notification.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.