Did having his CCW Permit become a Vendetta?

This is a discussion on Did having his CCW Permit become a Vendetta? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This older man and wife who run a small junk store on the northside of our fine crime infested cowtown. Had two young thugs walk ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did having his CCW Permit become a Vendetta?

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Angry Did having his CCW Permit become a Vendetta?

This older man and wife who run a small junk store on the northside of our fine crime infested cowtown. Had two young thugs walk in on them a few days ago. And announce that they had guns and this was a stickup.

They demanded the money and when the old man did not move fast enough they knocked him to the floor.

Having been robbed a few times before he had a CCW permit "You don't need a permit to defend home or place of business" Anyway he pulled out a 38spl revolver and blasted away.

The young thugs ran for the door one getting hit in back. They jumped into a waiting getaway car driven by his sister and headed for their apartment.

Well at the apartment his mother called EMSA but the kid died on the way to hospital.

Now about the Vendetta deal the Family was being interviewed on one of our TV news station last night. The Mother and other family members said the store owner had a Vendetta because he had been robbed before.

She the mother said he the store owner should not have shot their son.

They want charges filed against the store owner because he had a CCW permit and a Vendetta to kill someone.

2. Remove Ads

boo hoo hoo for the bad guy

whats up with the bleeding hearts in this country the guy was robing a store with a gun he deserved to be shot. this case wont stand up in court he was totally justified in his actions. and you said it was a cow town so i guess that means texas.

What a Joke

Lead Moderator
    Maybe her son should not have been committing crime? guess he learned his lesson the hard way.

Im always glad to read stories about elderly Americans that are still active, productive, and can provide such a valuable public service.
    You better pray I dont jam, because my backup is a ball peen hammer.

I heard this same thing on the news, but was not quick enough to catch where it happened. Only problem I can see with the way it was reported is that the kid was shot in the back while running away. If the incident happened in Texas, the CHL laws are pretty specific in relation to dealing with an 'immediate' threat. Depending on the local prosecutor, the immediate threat ended when the young thug turned to run away.

It will be interesting to watch this develop. Being a Texas CHL holder I follow these incidents very closely.

I'm with Bud here, What a joke!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I agree with Dave. Good thing that didnt happen in Texas. They are are so anti-gun and anti-shoot that Im surprised they even issue CCW permits. Some local bureaucrat would have crucified the old guy under technicality, just for the free press.

We had a case here in Jacksonville, where a 15 year old "delinquent" repeatedly walked into an independently owned convenience store, taking beer from the cooler and walking out of the store, asking the owner "whacha gonna do bout it?".
    One day the owner followed the kid outside and shot him in the back multiple times, killing him.
    He was declared justified.
    You better pray I dont jam, because my backup is a ball peen hammer.

Wink Sadly not a joke

It happened in Oklahoma and it makes all of us CCW holders think it could someday be happening to me.

I understand he got hit in back. But when the shooting started the man was getting up from the floor where he had been knocked.

Was he able to really see well? They said they had guns how long should he have waited? Till they shot him and his wife full of lead?

He was and older guy with a wife in the room who he needed to defend.

So he pulled his gun and started shooting. Maybe he was not a guy who trained at a range a lot. Maybe he was just a plain old chap doing the best he could to defend his life and the life of his wife.

For that I say good shooting dude... I say was the correct thing to do at that time.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Instead of "He shouldn't have shot my son" - should have been "My son shouldn't have been robbing anyone to begin with."

We are all preaching to the choir here aren't we.
    For God, Family and Country!

Lead Moderator
    I hate to say this...... But is anyone really surpprised at this?

After all, just read the papers...... Every kid that gets shot is a straight A student that NEVER did anything wrong in their life!

Just once I'd love to hear that the kid was a $h!t and deserved exactly what he got!

(Pushes soap box back under desk, and goes to this corner! )
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Wink They want to put CCW holders on notice

I think around here they want to put all us CCW holders on notice. That we just might get hauled into Court to defend our actions.

Anyway last week two hooded thugs held up a guy coming out of his apartment. When he only had coins in his pocket they shot him dead.

Last night a home owner came home to find two hooded thugs inside his home. They hit him on his head and then shot him. He is going to live.

If both the above victims had been CCW holders and been able to whip out their guns maybe just maybe things might have turned out different.

Assistant Administrator
    Yeah - ''vendetta, my a$$". Sheesh.

''Vendetta'' (positive action) against hoodlums robbing with guns, perhaps. Which translated means having learned the hard way that no one else will protect you but yourself. A basic uptake of the means of defence.

Hardly a vendetta tho if this took place in his store - just happened he was more prepared. It might have been a vendetta had he walked around town ''a la Charles Bronson'' - doing some ''cleaning up''!

Of course these punk robber kids are always ''such good boys''
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Here's another version of the story:

http://www.kotv.com/main/home/stori...page=1&id=97205

A Tulsa robbery victim fights back. The man says when he was forced to decide whether to kill or be killed, he pulled the trigger.

He talks about that decision exclusively to News on 6 crime reporter Lori Fullbright.

Gene and his wife were inside a flea market on North Lewis Saturday when two people walked inside and began asking about prices. Gene turned away for a moment, and then was body-slammed to the ground. "I was on my side and rolled over to my back and this young man was in my face saying give me all the money, I'm going to kill you and on and on and all I could think was I’m about to die and so is my wife."

In that instant, instinct and military training took over and Gene pulled his gun from his waistband and started shooting. Several of his shots missed the robber and landed in the wall, but then, he noticed some blood drops. He thought he'd nicked the robber, it wasn't until later, he learned, the robber died. “It's a horrible thing that this young man lost his life. And, we say young man, but he was 6-feet-2 and was 200 pounds of young man muscle. He made a decision that ultimately cost him dearly. I'm sorry I had to hurt him, but I don't regret it."

Gene says he didn't want to end up like the woman who was recently beaten to death after being robbed of her laundry money or the man who was shot and killed because he didn't have as much money as the robber wanted.

The flea market has been robbed before. The owner of the store had been robbed and beaten just a few months earlier. The previous owner had been robbed and pistol-whipped. Not even adding security cameras was a deterrent.

Gene doesn't believe this incident will deter other teenage robbers very long, and he's thankful for a law that allowed him to protect his own life and that of his wife.

Gene has had a permit to carry a concealed weapon since a state law was enacted several years ago, Tulsa Police do not expect him to be charged with a crime.

Police cannot find evidence the robbery suspect had a gun. However, they say Gene was still within Oklahoma's “Make My Day” law, because there were two suspects and Gene had good reason to fear for his life.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop
    Instead of "He shouldn't have shot my son" - should have been "My son shouldn't have been robbing anyone to begin with."

We are all preaching to the choir here aren't we.
    DITTO!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links