Value City Furniture

This is a discussion on Value City Furniture within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I went to Value City Furniture today, only too find that they have one of those so called "Gun-Free" signs on the door. I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Value City Furniture

Thumbs down Value City Furniture

Well, I went to Value City Furniture today, only too find that they have one of those so called "Gun-Free" signs on the door. I did some research after I got home and found that every store has one of their signs.

The sign reads, "We provide and require a safe environment. No firearms or other weapons are allowed on these premises."

This was the first time I have seen a sign on a door. I will call them sometime soon and draft up a nice letter. I want to ask them. How do you provide a safe environment for me?

I wish I was as smart as them. They have figured out how not to allow criminals to bring guns into their stores. Ill start wearing my T-shirt that says, "Robbing me is strictly prohibited."

I attached a copy of their sign.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by pepsico View Post
    I will call them sometime soon and draft up a nice letter. I want to ask them. How do you provide a safe environment for me?
    Yep, exactly the same sign as the store here in the Wolfchase area of Memphis has on the door. You can call and write but it is a waste of time with them. I called and wrote to them and never even got a reply. The person on the phone just said it was corporate policy and there was nothing that could be done.

When we moved here, we decided to buy a new bedroom suit for our daughter. We shopped several places and one was that Value City store. I saw the sign when we went to go in and so did my wife. She wanted to just go to a different store but I wanted to have some fun. So we locked the guns in the car and went in, picked out a nice bedroom suit, bed, dresser, night stand, chest of drawers. I had them ring it up (a little more than $800 as I recall) and then acted as if I had just noticed the sign. I then told them that I would not buy the suit from them as I did not do business with any company that restricted my right to defend myself and my family.

They were not very happy about it.

We found a much better quality bedroom suit at a good price just down the road. I even made a point to go back into the Value City and show them the receipt so they would know I was serious. They lost money because of their sign.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Yep, exactly the same sign as the store here in the Wolfchase area of Memphis has on the door. You can call and write but it is a waste of time with them. I called and wrote to them and never even got a reply. The person on the phone just said it was corporate policy and there was nothing that could be done.

When we moved here, we decided to buy a new bedroom suit for our daughter. We shopped several places and one was that Value City store. I saw the sign when we went to go in and so did my wife. She wanted to just go to a different store but I wanted to have some fun. So we locked the guns in the car and went in, picked out a nice bedroom suit, bed, dresser, night stand, chest of drawers. I had them ring it up (a little more than $800 as I recall) and then acted as if I had just noticed the sign. I then told them that I would not buy the suit from them as I did not do business with any company that restricted my right to defend myself and my family.

They were not very happy about it.

We found a much better quality bedroom suit at a good price just down the road. I even made a point to go back into the Value City and show them the receipt so they would know I was serious. They lost money because of their sign.
    Good job!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Oh that's okay there closing there stores here in pensltucky soon, so it won't matter
    A Fully Loaded Pistol Is Useless To The Man Who Has An Empty Magazine Between The Ears.
    G-19 NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by pepsico View Post
    I want to ask them. How do you provide a safe environment for me?
    They don't. Nor are they required to do so. Welcome to America.

Reality: you help provide a safe environment for you.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Good thing they have the sign in Spanish also. I wouldn't want to be shot by someone who doesn't speak English. These places are run and managed by idiots, don't give them any of your hard earned money, way to go!
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

I haven't been to value city furniture around here yet, but I guess that goes on the "never will" list. We also have to find a new store for uhhhh, not sure the correct DC.COM way to say it, but the kind of store grown ups go to for outfits that the kids don't get to see and other accessories... anyhoo, after having been there many times (TMI?), one day I was just out walking the dog and noticed an itsy-bitsy sign on the window, around the corner from the front door. Don't know if it was new or I just never noticed it. I looked all over and it was the only one, not even visible from the entry. Only if you parked on the side street could you possibly see it. Probably wouldn't hold up in court, but I still don't want to give them any more money.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I haven't been to one either, here in Indiana, signs carry no weight at all. Do they carry weight where you live in MI?
    I'll have to just stop by and see if they have any here.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

In MI it's trespassing to ignore a sign. Also, our no duty retreat law only applies if we are at a place where we have a legal right to be. If we are trespassing, then we are not protected by our "stand your ground" (No duty t retreat) law.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    In MI it's trespassing to ignore a sign. Also, our no duty retreat law only applies if we are at a place where we have a legal right to be. If we are trespassing, then we are not protected by our "stand your ground" (No duty t retreat) law.
    Thanks for the reply. MI laws kind of sucks in that aspect, we only trespass if we are ask to leave and don't, and to be ask to leave would be very rare.
    If I ever travel up North, I'll be very careful were I go.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    In PA no signs carry legal weight except the federal ones. I will either disregard it or take my business elsewhere.

Spend your furniture dollars elsewhere! Then, send a letter letting them know why!

This is my number one reason now not to go to value city. I never cared for their stuff before, and now I have even more reason not to go in there.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "
    Best words of wisdom from my Master Emperor Palpatine

Quote Originally Posted by sharpetop View Post
    Spend your furniture dollars elsewhere! Then, send a letter letting them know why!
    +1
    They don't want your money. Shop else where.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Tenn Mike,

I like your style and am glad you showed them we're not all pushovers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links