So, we're flying to Florida...

This is a discussion on So, we're flying to Florida... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The wife and I are leaving from Nevada this January to visit her parents in FL. As our CC permits are recognized there, we plan ...

Thread: So, we're flying to Florida...

The wife and I are leaving from Nevada this January to visit her parents in FL. As our CC permits are recognized there, we plan to carry. However, we have to get the guns on the plane first. This isn't a "how do I do that" thread, instead, I'm looking for advice on a good 2-gun case we can use for airline travel. I went to Scheels the other day and was totally unimpressed. The best one was a Winchester case, but the sides felt like I'd be able to jam my knife through them and open it up.
    We're looking at spending ~$50 on one, certainly less than $100.

Oh, and I couldn't find this info in my searches, so maybe a Floridian could help us out: In NV "No Guns" signs don't carry any weight, what are the rules in FL regarding such things?

Thanks for any help!

VIP Member
    Amazon.com: ADG Sports Aluminum Two Pistol Gun Case: Sports & Outdoors

I have this one and used it on a trip. very sturdy and space enough to carry extra mags (Make that unloaded mags!)
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Travieso View Post
    The wife ......./ In NV "No Guns" signs don't carry any weight, what are the rules in FL regarding such things?
    Thanks for any help!
    In Florida, those signs are also worthless and have no legal authority. I don't think you'll see too many of them either. All they can do is ask you to leave.

I have heard that the mouse will open bags and purses and lunchboxes. Think small.

I suggest you study the FL Dept of Agriculture concealed permit website and print out a copy of the FL resciprosity list to carry with you. Enjoy your stay and be safe!

If it was me, I'd get two COM safes, and put one in each of your checked bags. That spreads the risk so that if one bag is lost you don't lose both guns.

When I fly, I use the COM and cable it to the frame of my luggage. Works great, and is good for the hotel room and rental car when I get there, if necessary. I can fit gun, mags, and ammo in the safe without problem.

Charles

I don't now why my post didn't work earlier?? But signs in FL don't mean squat.

Enjoy your stay.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I bought the hard case that I use at American Shooters Supply at Arville and Spring Mountain. Works just fine, I just put a lock on it and it's good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by C Paul Lincoln View Post
    If it was me, I'd get two COM safes, and put one in each of your checked bags. That spreads the risk so that if one bag is lost you don't lose both guns.

When I fly, I use the COM and cable it to the frame of my luggage. Works great, and is good for the hotel room and rental car when I get there, if necessary. I can fit gun, mags, and ammo in the safe without problem.
    Ditto for me. I got mine at Cabela's, under the "Secure-It" brand name for around $30.. Here's the Center of Mass site: Center Of Mass Central. Mine is the smaller keyed version.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

VIP Member
    Same as above C. O. M. I used it when I flew, the cable wrapped around the inside of my bag and on to another locked case with my ammo.

Thanks, those look to be exactly what we're looking for!
    And thanks for the other info as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarmillMan View Post
    ...I have heard that the mouse will open bags and purses and lunchboxes. Think small....

Yes. The theme parks poke around in your personal items as you enter the parks. If they do find a weapon, they will deny you entry. The mouse-land was one of the leaders in a movement to deny rightfull carry, transportation, and storage in your personal vehicle while at work.

No metal detectors at the moment, though. So, carry on your person is still properly private.

In Car Safe Details

I fly with my firearm locked in the "car safe" it meets ATF standards, and they are inexpensive and can be used at home!

Edit: should have read the entire thread first, seems others have beat me to the punch!

Quote Originally Posted by radtek1986 View Post
    Yes. The theme parks poke around in your personal items as you enter the parks. If they do find a weapon, they will deny you entry. The mouse-land was one of the leaders in a movement to deny rightfull carry, transportation, and storage in your personal vehicle while at work.

No metal detectors at the moment, though. So, carry on your person is still properly private.
    They still do that, as they use a loophole in the new carry-to-work law about any place where fireworks are stored (cannot carry at these places, they are lumped in the same category as nuclear power plants). Universal pulls the same BS (I work there part time).

Universal will also poke around in any bags you have, but no pat downs or metal detectors. Basically, it makes the sheep feel better without scaring them.

Center of Mass will also key multiple cases the same, no charge.

Center Of Mass Central

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Sponsored Links