What bothers me about CCW - Page 2

What bothers me about CCW

This is a discussion on What bothers me about CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I used to work in a county where for your permit to be valid, you had to have $500 in cash on your person while ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What bothers me about CCW

I used to work in a county where for your permit to be valid, you had to have $500 in cash on your person while carrying. It had to be cash, not valuables (jewelry, or gun). IIRC, the permit fee was $100, and the training was at least that much too. Seems that the cost of taking $500 cash out of your accounts forever just to carry it was a bit high. By the time it was all said and done, you could have easily invested over $1500 for the priveledge. In my opinion, rights are not purchased.

Here, the permit is $10, good for 4 years.

VIP Member
    Seems the system is working against the citizens who really need the protection.
    Yes, and not only are fees too expensive for a lot of good folks, the antis are constanly squawking about about banning Saturday Night Specials, taking away affordable guns from people who need them.

It's slick politics disguised as a policy to "protect our children from senseless gun violence" - when the people's ability to be independent is stripped away (and the ability to defend one's own body being one the highest forms of independence), they become dependent, and they turn to the System for protection. It's convenient having a lot of people relying on the System, because then they're easy to control and the System gets their votes.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Don't complain, you guys should feel lucky! I spent over $1000 just to get denied! Moved to a different county, just talked to the Cheif LEO this morning, he said don't even bother trying to apply, there is no reason good enough for him to issue a permit to anyone! Welcome to sunny California! I hope California feels safe knowing that you can't carry a gun, have more than 10rd capacity, and can't have a detachable magazine and a pistol grip on the same rifle!! I feel so safe here.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop
    My DL has Motorcycle and Vessel on the back - I think it should also have Concealed Carry Permit on the back too & not worry about a separate pistol permit.
    Orange Beach (small city in Alabama) offers free pistol training class from time to time for residents & small fee if non-resident. I think that's a good option. If required for permit then free familiarity class, otherwise should be optional.
    They have Talked about Doing something like that here go renew your DL,Plates and CCW all at same time that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Otis
    Don't complain, you guys should feel lucky! I spent over $1000 just to get denied! Moved to a different county, just talked to the Cheif LEO this morning, he said don't even bother trying to apply, there is no reason good enough for him to issue a permit to anyone! Welcome to sunny California! I hope California feels safe knowing that you can't carry a gun, have more than 10rd capacity, and can't have a detachable magazine and a pistol grip on the same rifle!! I feel so safe here.
    That's one of many reasons that I moved fm Cali..to Nevada
    "Stay Alert, Stay Alive"

The CHL course my wife and I took was $120 each, including range fees and ammo, photos and fingerprints. Some certified instructors charge as little as $75 I believe, not including the extras. For most Texans, the license will cost $140. But for senior citizens or indigent Texans, the cost is only $70. For active/honorably retired peace officers or active/retired judicial officers, the cost is $25. For elected felony prosecuting attorneys, the fee is waived.

To be indigent in Texas (to get the "reduced" fee), the threshold is pretty low: According to 2003 federal poverty guidelines, you may be considered indigent if you are single and you earn $8,980 per year or less. The maximum income for indigence classification is $30,960 for a family of eight.

Expensive in Texas? Yes. Worth it to us ($520 total)? Yes! Too expensive for many - yes, unfortunately.

Wish I lived in PA (except for that darned snow!)

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    They the powers to be in most Cities Towns Out Posts They really don't want anyone to have a CCW.

But if they are forced to allow it then they want to make as much money as they can of you getting it.

The whole system stinks it's really a shame.

ccw gun: $450
    box of holsters: $ $200+
    Tx permit and class $225
    Range fees and ammo $750 per year (probably more)
    knowing i have the chance to defend myself and mine: PRICELESS

Before shall issue passed, the sheriff was in my trophy shop and I asked him about getting my permit. He said "Sure, bring $50 down to the station and we'll get you fixed up".

When the law passed, the state allowed county sheriffs to charge up to $100, so guess what ours went up to? Our sheriff is not a lawman, he is a politician.

$100 training
    $52.50 CBI check
    $100 sheriff's dept.

I just wonder if our Founding Fathers wanted us to have to pay to defend ourselves?

I feel somewhere we got soldout.

$225 for CCW the guns and ammo I already had. And I live in a some what of a liberal state.merlin45kout

jkn
    It costs $10,000 in Thailand and around $30,000 in Malaysia just for the permit. A Glock goes for about $3000.

And yes, we earn $7.50 an hour at Burger King too. So guess who's got the guns down here

Quote Originally Posted by jkn
    It costs $10,000 in Thailand and around $30,000 in Malaysia just for the permit. A Glock goes for about $3000.

And yes, we earn $7.50 an hour at Burger King too. So guess who's got the guns down here

Dang.. What a Joke

What!!!!!

NH.. $10. That's it. As long as your criminal record is clear and you have no mental problems, $10. No training, no printing, no nothing. Fill out your form, drop it at your local PD, and a few days later you're ready to go.

I'm NEVER moving!!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links