What bothers me about CCW

This is a discussion on What bothers me about CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Being a college student in a not so nice area working for under 10 bucks an hour I feel that I should chime in right ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What bothers me about CCW

Being a college student in a not so nice area working for under 10 bucks an hour I feel that I should chime in right about now. There are certain things you make time and money for. My CCW was most certainly one of those things. Within a year of being 21, and within months of my first handgun purchase I had my permit.

All around costs, 245 bucks not including guns, ammo, and holsters. Time spent. 8 hour training class, 45 day delay from the gun board.
    S&W 5906
    si vis pacem, para bellum

protego communis bona

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    The way I see it, It gives us a fighting chance. If a BG is gonna do harm, there's nothing you can do other than pray if you're unarmed if he's right up on you. You have a gun, you have a chance. 98 out of a hundred times, if your hand goes for your waist, the BG will literally ***** his pants and high-tail it the other direction.

That's what I'm hoping for.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

And I thought $152.00 just for the permit was high. At least it is good for 4 years, and renewals are only 102.00.

To me any one that can legally buy a firearm should be able to carry with out a permit. If you are stooped chances are the time you will be detained with or with out a permit would be about the same. The LOE may or may not be as guarded, if you have a permit, till he or she has some warm fuzzy about who you are. With out any flags in the computer the out come would be the same you go on your way.

One more example of the government knows whats better for us.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links