Going to South Carolina for New Years Eve.

This is a discussion on Going to South Carolina for New Years Eve. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My daughter, her husband and her children, all sheeple, (except for the grandson) have decided that we need to go to Myrtle Beach for New ...

Thread: Going to South Carolina for New Years Eve.

Going to South Carolina for New Years Eve.

My daughter, her husband and her children, all sheeple, (except for the grandson) have decided that we need to go to Myrtle Beach for New Years.

I personally do not like going out for this particular evening, but to be able to continue enjoying the benefits of married life as I have grown accustomed to, I must.

Is there any thing in the S.C. CC law I need to know about concerning carrying in an establishment that serves alcohol, etc.? Am going to go to some of the web sites for info, but am looking for some first hand info.
    I'm clinging to my guns and religion.

2. Remove Ads

Have you checked Handgunlaw.us ?
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Been there as well as legallyarmed.com, usconcealedcarry.com, and looking for others.

BUT, any additional information is greatly appreciated. One can not be too well educated in local laws and opinions.

Yup, dont do it. You may not carry in any place that sells it for onsite consumption. Shame you're not coming to Sumter since my band will be playing at Pure Country. It promises to be a huge night there.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Trust me, I would probably rather be a Pure Country. Thanks for the invite.

Any way, Happy New Year!

I think I'm the first on DC to say that.

AllAmerican has it right, no guns in alcohol establishments. Just keep a good knife in your pocket.
    Owner/ Instructor
    Your Best Defense, LLC
    SC CWP training
    1st Aid & CPR training
    www.yourbestdefensesc.com

Can always come out for the polar bear plunge on New Years Day. I'll be there.
    CARRY GUNS:
    S&W 638, Ruger LCP, Kimber Ultra CDP

SC Law

Here, you can read the law firsthand:South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

And no, you can not legelly carry into any place that sells alcohol for consumption.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by yourbestdefense View Post
    AllAmerican has it right, no guns in alcohol establishments. Just keep a good knife in your pocket.
    Good call on the knife. I think we'll be getting the law changed this year maybe to at least allow us into eating establishments. I have not see the bill come up yet.

Still wont get us in the bar but its a start. Ill keep mine on the bus* I guess.

*So that no one PMs me about illegal carry and my post doesnt have to be deleted by the mods, it is not illegal in SC to carry in a vehicle without a permit provided the weapon is in the right spot of the vehicle.
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Good call on the knife. I think we'll be getting the law changed this year maybe to at least allow us into eating establishments. I have not see the bill come up yet.

Still wont get us in the bar but its a start. Ill keep mine on the bus* I guess.

*So that no one PMs me about illegal carry and my post doesnt have to be deleted by the mods, it is not illegal in SC to carry in a vehicle without a permit provided the weapon is in the right spot of the vehicle.
    It is illegal to carry on public transportation so I know not of what bus you speak.

And I don't believe the state has "Bars." All stablishments that are permitted to serve alcholic beverages must also serve food, making the a resturant.
    We did have private social clubs and think the same law is applied there too.

Happy to see another GRGR member here!
    Certified Glock Armorer

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Too Bad I'm in Montanna freezing my rear off taking care of my sick wife or else I would be there but otherwise I would be there.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by H8SPVMT View Post
    It is illegal to carry on public transportation so I know not of what bus you speak.

And I don't believe the state has "Bars." All stablishments that are permitted to serve alcholic beverages must also serve food, making the a resturant.

could you please show me where it is illegal to carry on public trans in SC law

Quote Originally Posted by H8SPVMT View Post

Sorry, I meant band bus LOL. Yes we travel in a large Motor Coach to shows.

I think you may be wrong on private clubs as I play some that do not serve food.

Yes, we need to get several more folks involved in Grass Roots. I signed a guy up today and hoping for more soon.
    New tunes added.

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    Too Bad I'm in Montanna freezing my rear off taking care of my sick wife or else I would be there but otherwise I would be there.
    Is your wife OK? I hope its nothing serious.

I shall keep her in my thoughts.
    New tunes added.

Links