Undershirts?

This is a discussion on Undershirts? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always carry IWB, and have to wear an undershirt in order to keep from being rubbed raw(read love handles). But I have a problem ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undershirts?

Undershirts?

I always carry IWB, and have to wear an undershirt in order to keep from being rubbed raw(read love handles). But I have a problem keepin the undershirt tucked in. I heard there are certain shirts you can buy that are longer just for this purpose. Any suggestions?
    The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it, American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them."

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    I really like the 5.11 tshirts. The tails are long and the material (cotton) is made of wick moisture....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by k6gixx View Post
    I always carry IWB, and have to wear an undershirt in order to keep from being rubbed raw(read love handles). But I have a problem keepin the undershirt tucked in. I heard there are certain shirts you can buy that are longer just for this purpose. Any suggestions?
    I am fairly long-waisted, meaning I've got puny treads for legs and a very tall top side. That makes it difficult for finding shirts that work. Since I was 16, nothing has been nearly long enough. Have purchased "tall" varieties since then. Those can add another 2-3". So can golf shirts, which have to be longer given the twisting of the golf swing. For some shirt options, consider Cabela's, which offers a large variety of sizing (including "tall").
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by k6gixx View Post

I wear A shirts or what's commonly called wife beaters.. LOL!! They are usually very long and I have a long waist as well. One thing I have found that helps it to tuck the under shirt in my underwear. It usually has a somewhat rubber like waist band so the undershirt stays tucked much better. Try it I think you'll see it works.

For the ladies- Fashion Bug sells long tanks that are stretchy.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I wear Hanes, the ones that Michael Jordan advertises. They are good shirts and long.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I wear "wife beater" shirts as well, but sometimes the plain white Hanes T-shirts work for me too, but sometimes they don't always stay tucked in.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I wear a Cool Max T-Shirt under my Vest, but if I'm not wearing a Vest then I like a Hanes cotton T-Shirt.

Biker

Walmart brand of Under Armour, tight light and wicks the sweat
    away realy good.
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

I doubt you'd want to go the shirt stay route just to keep an undershirt tucked.

How about something like this? "Hidden Tailor" by Flex-belt

-JT

Hanes also and some under armor
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

I like the cheap walmart brand under armour...They are long and stay tucked well. I am 6' tall and weigh 260 and the 2XL work great. A secondary benefit is my back doesn't get as sore wearing them either because of the gut support, I guess....
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

"wife beaters" tucked into the underwear never ride up for me. You've got an over shirt on, so those pink polka dot undies you've got on are still your little secret.
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

I wear Hanes white tees under my work shirts and they don't stay tucked very well, but it's what my company provides. For casual wear I usually wear Smartwool or Patagonia capilene undershirts which fit snugly, wick sweat, and stay tucked in. They are also freakin expensive, walmart under armor does about the same thing but won't last as long.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

While I do usually have an undershirt tucked in, my iwb holster has a flap that goes between me and the gun and even with no undershirt I am quite comfortable. My holster is an El Paso Saddlery made for my Kahr CW9 and was worth every penny just for the sake of comfort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links