Love Field's 30.05 Signage??

This is a discussion on Love Field's 30.05 Signage?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got back from picking up my sister and brother-in-law from Love Field... There was signage on the door stating that I under section 30.05 ...

Thread: Love Field's 30.05 Signage??

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar

Love Field's 30.05 Signage??

Just got back from picking up my sister and brother-in-law from Love Field... There was signage on the door stating that I under section 30.05 (not a typo) of the penal code that it was illegal to bring a firearm into the building, whether licensed or not...

I looked it up and 30.05 deals with criminal tresspass and the main thing I noticed (in regards to legal CHL carry), is that it says it is a defense to prosecution if the person was carrying a concealed handgun and a license issued under Subchapter H, Chappter 411, Government Code, to carry a concealed handgun of the same category the person was carrying.

So what I read is that they posted a sign about criminal tresspass, and that if I carried in the non-secure area I was protected from prosecution by the same code they cite... Am I reading this wrong? Isn't it kosher to carry in the non-secure parts of the airport?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Just got back from picking up my sister and brother-in-law from Love Field... There was signage on the door stating that I under section 30.05 (not a typo) of the penal code that it was illegal to bring a firearm into the building, whether licensed or not...

I looked it up and 30.05 deals with criminal tresspass and the main thing I noticed (in regards to legal CHL carry), is that it says it is a defense to prosecution if the person was carrying a concealed handgun and a license issued under Subchapter H, Chappter 411, Government Code, to carry a concealed handgun of the same category the person was carrying.

So what I read is that they posted a sign about criminal tresspass, and that if I carried in the non-secure area I was protected from prosecution by the same code they cite... Am I reading this wrong? Isn't it kosher to carry in the non-secure parts of the airport?
    If your CCW was issued under Subchapter H, Chappter 411, I think you are OK.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

VIP Member
    You got it right, about the non-secure areas. The sign should have been posted as 30.06 and it must meet the requirements of that section, or the sign is not legal notice.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I've carried there quite a few times,never been bothered.If they make you and tell you to leave then you have to,if they don't then you are good to go.sj

Links