Good news

This is a discussion on Good news within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, first the background. I finished the CCW application process as far as I can this past week. I managed to get to the Sheriff ...

Thread: Good news

Good news

OK, first the background. I finished the CCW application process as far as I can this past week. I managed to get to the Sheriff Department for my finger printing on Tuesday. They were closed Wednesday and Thursday for the holidays. I am now waiting to get my appointment with the county gun board. They meet first Thursday of the month, but the deputy at the Sheriff's said that the names for January are already submitted so I will not be getting the permit until Febuary.

So in the interm, I went shopping for conceament clothes. I saw a few post recommending "wife beater" t-shirts. I wanted to pick up a few of those and a few plain colored tee's to wear under flannel or casual dress shirts I can wear open and untucked.

I was at my Walmart shopping for the shirts when the PA system has an announcment that Walmart now has NACHOS! Hurray!

This Walmart does not have a cafeteria. They do have a Subway shop instead.

I am so excited! Now when I do my Wally World Walk, I can actually get the "official DC nachos"!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    OK, first the background. I finished the CCW application process as far as I can this past week. I managed to get to the Sheriff Department for my finger printing on Tuesday. They were closed Wednesday and Thursday for the holidays. I am now waiting to get my appointment with the county gun board. They meet first Thursday of the month, but the deputy at the Sheriff's said that the names for January are already submitted so I will not be getting the permit until Febuary.

So in the interm, I went shopping for conceament clothes. I saw a few post recommending "wife beater" t-shirts. I wanted to pick up a few of those and a few plain colored tee's to wear under flannel or casual dress shirts I can wear open and untucked.

I was at my Walmart shopping for the shirts when the PA system has an announcment that Walmart now has NACHOS! Hurray!

This Walmart does not have a cafeteria. They do have a Subway shop instead.

I am so excited! Now when I do my Wally World Walk, I can actually get the "official DC nachos"!
    NEVER BEEN A FAN OF THAT PHRASE!Wonder who started that ? Anyway Good luck and hope you get to make the tour at wally world soon.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

I wonder if other people that carry complained about them not having Nachos.
    This might be a good Idea to go with. If all those people who carry that frequent a walmart that doesn't have nachos would complain, if asked why, they can say it is a right of passage for people when they get their CPL to visit Walmart and eat Nachos.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post

Well, it turns out there IS a kind, loving, benevolent God in the cosmos afterall!!

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Bay City Michigan? Just curious, as we have the County Gun Board system in Michigan. But not all Counties make you jump through the hoop of actually appearing before them, (there is no justifiable reason for it, we're a shall issue State, and potential reasons for denial are specified by law).

We also have the Nacho's in Subway at the local Walmart. Never tried them though... but then I've been carrying since before there were Walmarts anywhere near here.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Congratulations! The Walmarts here don't have nachos. They all have McDonald's restaurants.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    Bay City Michigan? Just curious, as we have the County Gun Board system in Michigan. But not all Counties make you jump through the hoop of actually appearing before them, (there is no justifiable reason for it, we're a shall issue State, and potential reasons for denial are specified by law).

We also have the Nacho's in Subway at the local Walmart. Never tried them though... but then I've been carrying since before there were Walmarts anywhere near here.
    Yep Michigan as opposed to the OTHER Bay City, in Texas, or the one on the soap opera. We had a shippment from work get lost one time, years ago, we finally found it in Bay City Texas.

I was kind of surprised about the requirement to go before the county gun board also. The prosecuting attorney that taught my class was from Saginaw, and he said that they do require the appearence before a gun board there. The state police web site makes NO mention of it in the list of steps required to obtain the CCW permit.

As far as reasons the board can use to deny a permit, the example the instructor gave was, "If they do ask you why you want a CCW permit, do not say 'It makes robbing 7-11's easier'."

What county are you in T-Bone?

I am also in Michigan (Macomb County) and we had to go in front of the gun board also. I was told when they ask why do you want a CPL to simply say "Personal protection". My wife and I got our CPL's at the same time so they just called us up together to save time.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "
    Best words of wisdom from my Master Emperor Palpatine

Links