In a way the thugs are helping

In a way the thugs are helping

This is a discussion on In a way the thugs are helping within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Around my crime infested cowtown the thugs are kinda helping. They have been so active with drive by shooting..Car .Holdups...Home invasions...Robberies.. Our Police Chief has ...

Thread: In a way the thugs are helping

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Angry In a way the thugs are helping

Around my crime infested cowtown the thugs are kinda helping. They have been so active with drive by shooting..Car .Holdups...Home invasions...Robberies..

Our Police Chief has even admitted on TV News that his officers were being out manned and overrun with crimes happening.

You see a lot of TV News shots showing many people taking CCW permit training at local ranges.

Even today I read in paper a person tell everyone to get armed and a CCW permit and start defending themselves.

So in their small stupid way the thugs have got the ball rolling to make people notice thay need to take action to defend themselves and their families.

I can't speak for others in this crime infested cowtown I was raised in and have lived most of my life.

But it's not a real big burg and many know me. So I really don't want them reading that I got robbed or car jacked and just gave up like a scared rat.

Speaking just for myself I really would just as soon be shot trying to defend myself then having people read I ran like a chicken.

When I was in the service I can't remember anyone throwing down their rifle and running when under fire.

I do remember seeing many of my close buddies bagged and carried off.

They might have been scared I damn sure was many times. But they stayed the course and no one can say they were chickens.
    Last edited by Betty; January 23rd, 2006 at 09:12 AM. Reason: racist terms deleted

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Amen. +1
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I agree to that +1

...speak the truth friend !

Assistant Administrator
    Oh yeah - I hear ya HG!

Much as I want crime to go down in statistics - it is true that when it is ''in ya face'' it somewhat brings things home!

We all know that the cops can in no way be omnipresent and so - it is up to the regular Joe to get packin' and be able to resist intrusions. Albeit with judicious judgement, of course.

We cannot and must not be seen as guilty of vigilantiism but for sure - the greater is the force of the armed populace, the greater is the disincentive for the goblins to try and prey on folks.

Oh that we had huge CCW uptake across all states - the crime figures would plummet - downward!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    Good to know so folks are arming and getting prepared to fight back. Seems like alot of cowards would rather have us all just give up than resist. Personally ,i would like to see politicians who voted to ban legal weapon ownership in D.C. walk around with out their security teams and such. bet their views would change in a hurry.

Assistant Administrator
    I would like to see politicians who voted to ban legal weapon ownership in D.C. walk around with out their security teams and such
    Big 10:4 to that Rocky!!!
    Chris - P95

HG, you're 100% right. read about what hapened in NO and say "well that's a big city, it can't happen here". We know better.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

It's amazing to see different states approaches to dealing with crime. The smart states allow people to carry. California thinks that not allowing anyone to own a handgun will solve the problem. Crime rates rise, gun laws get stricter.

Its the same in a few other states, as well.

They haven't clued in yet on the simple fact that the only people who'll obey these restrictive anit-gun laws are the law-abiding citizens. You know, the one's least likely to commit a crime!

Instead of coming down on the criminal like a ton of bricks, they choose to disarm the good-guys.

An some wonder why I fear those who support anti-gun legislation taking full control of the government. . . Sounds like a quick way to see the most powerful nation on Earth stick it's collective head in the sand and sufficate.

Welcome to my nightmare!

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Assistant Administrator
    Welcome to my nightmare!
    Not just your nightmare Mike!!
    Chris - P95

Links